Marlin 45/70

Can't think of a better "truck rifle". It will stop pretty much anything in NA within a 150 yards or so. I have two 45-70's (Ruger #1 and a reproduction 1877 Sharps Creedmoor) and have grown to really like the caliber. Some day, I may add a lever action to my small collection.

Biggs358":2v5fxuag said:
Can't think of a better "truck rifle". It will stop pretty much anything in NA within a 150 yards or so. I have two 45-70's (Ruger #1 and a reproduction 1877 Sharps Creedmoor) and have grown to really like the caliber. Some day, I may add a lever action to my small collection.

I want to add a reproduction Sharps to my collection of uno. [emoji846]

I'm really liking the cartridge and it's mild to wild abilities and the use of black powder. I love the smell of black powder and the smoke.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggs358":1tssxjph said:

I want to add a reproduction Sharps to my collection of uno. [emoji846]

I'm really liking the cartridge and it's mild to wild abilities and the use of black powder. I love the smell of black powder and the smoke.

Vince

Charlie, that A-Frame load sounds like a winner!

Dan, while I was in the Saskabush flatlands I did not have the opportunity to see or shoot gophers. Did get to see a couple of jackrabbits though, just did not have a rifle with me at the time. Never heard of Gainer either. I guess the locals kept some of your secrets safe! LOL

Blkram":1rvl4zgy said:
Charlie, that A-Frame load sounds like a winner!

While the Swift A-Frame shoots really well at 2,000 ft/sec, I have yet to poke a hole in anything but paper so far. I have a black bear hunt planned for the spring season in New Brunswick. With a little luck, I'll have some terminal performance info to share.

BTW - Its always nice to stick with the "Nosler" theme seeing that they host the sight.

So....... for the 300th time, "Nosler could you introduce a 400+gr (45-70) Partition bullet so that we can use one bullet to do EVERYTHING in our leverguns?" I'd buy the entire first production run.

That rifle is as fine an addition to any truck as I seen recently. Should dress up your ride as well as the finest grill guard made would.

Too bad our society has degraded to the point that one cannot display such an accoutrement in the back window without the fear of an individual with Russian hands and Roman fingers appropriating same.

If you will excuse me, I have to perruse the local firearms retailrers. I just may have to get me one of those.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

So....... for the 300th time, "Nosler could you introduce a 400+gr (45-70) Partition bullet so that we can use one bullet to do EVERYTHING in our leverguns?" I'd buy the entire first production run.

+1

......or a 300 Pt, 350 Pt, 405 Pt......... :grin:

Dwh7271":3mw6bnib said:

+1

......or a 300 Pt, 350 Pt, 405 Pt......... :grin:

I concur.

Nosler, are you listening to your beleaguered shooters?

Vince

Vince":1cc8ehy7 said:
Offhand at about 75 Yards I managed to put 3 shots in to an oil drum that you could cover with your hand using the Hornady LeveRevolution 325 Flex Tip.

I think this one might be a shooter.

Vince

Beautiful rifle Vince and great shooting. Definitely sounds like a shooter.

Charlie-NY":296r96an said:
BTW - Its always nice to stick with the "Nosler" theme seeing that they host the sight.

I'd take all the 300 grain PTs I could afford. Love that bullet. Penetrates like crazy.

Back