Minox ZA5 4-20x50 SF with BDC Reticle

Hi Scott the Minox ZA-5 is going on my son's 270 BDL DM it is 3-15 X 42 BDC and the VX-6 is going on my 270 CDL and it is a 2-12 X 42 Boone & Crocket it has a 30mm tube:)
I hope that you are doing well my friend :)

Blessings,
Dan

That ZA5 will be sweet Dan. I have a couple rifles that'll get some Minox's pretty quick I believe. I don't think your boy will be disapointed at all. I like all three of mine and want to collect a few more...

I am doing good buddy. Thank you for asking.

I wish I could eliminate all the Bushnells in my safe...my Sportsman 78 .223 and 788 6mm particularly, my .221 and .300 WM are a little less pressing. But I still have a few rifles that need glass on them... .223 Vanguard, 6.5 Creedmoor, three .270s, a 7RM, a 7 WSM, a .308, four .300 Magnums, my .358, and my Rigby.

BK, that is a real nice collection of rifles, there are such a variety of good scopes out there right now. Here on the classifies there has been some real good savings :wink:
I was thinking of getting rid of a few of my rifles but this time with Mike has changed my thinking. OH OH :shock:
I am now going to continue working for a little while and see if I can up grade my rifles a little more.
I would like to work with some 6.5 stuff also I would like to see what can be done with a 7WSM, I think that is a real interesting cartridge. The 284 with a long shank is so stable it is fairly easy to find accuracy with them.

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks, Dan. I actually do have a pretty fair stack of scopes that I need to get bolted up... a big enough stack that I've kinda gotten lost as to what goes where.

BK, you will figure that out let us know when you do get them fitted and then range reports with photos please :).

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3cgmehtz said:
BK, that is a real nice collection of rifles, there are such a variety of good scopes out there right now. Here on the classifies there has been some real good savings :wink:
I was thinking of getting rid of a few of my rifles but this time with Mike has changed my thinking. OH OH :shock:
I am now going to continue working for a little while and see if I can up grade my rifles a little more.
I would like to work with some 6.5 stuff also I would like to see what can be done with a 7WSM, I think that is a real interesting cartridge. The 284 with a long shank is so stable it is fairly easy to find accuracy with them.

Blessings,
Dan

You won't regret that 7WSM Dan. It took me a little while to come around with it, but oh man, it is one awesome cartridge. It will drive 160's pretty fast. I like mine alot. It also does really well with 175's as well. I am a huge 270WSM fan, but in all actuality, the 7WSM does everything better..

On another note, only Mike could talk someone into working more for more gun stuff. Almost brings a tear to my eye! :twisted:

Only Mike could talk someone into working more for more gun stuff. Almost brings a tear to my eye!

I'm getting way too much credit for the darkness that lies in man's heart. All I do is hold up a mirror so people can see what is going on. :mrgreen:

Scotty is one to talk here! Ha! He has his hooks in at least three of us that I'm directly aware of for optics, rifles, or both. ;)

Yes I think all of us are prone to suggestions when it comes to items of shooting :wink:
But as I look at it we could be doing a lot worst things with our time and money.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3atelheu said:
Yes I think all of us are prone to suggestions when it comes to items of shooting :wink:
But as I look at it we could be doing a lot worst things with our time and money.

Blessings,
Dan

Not according to my wife Dan. She insists if I picked up a crack habit we would save money! :lol:

Whoa! And Scotty, I thought my habit was pricey! Maybe you are buying too many components.

Nah. I just looked at my shelves. Put in another order. You're fine.

There's more than a little devil! I claim no goodness of my own. Send your order; SPS has your credit card number on file. :twisted:

Scott, eventually they will all be antiques and when we are gone home:) they will have a big sale and make lots of money :roll:

Blessings,
Dan

What's the saying? "I hope when I'm gone my wife doesn't sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!"???

Update,

Brownie dropped off my new Minox ZA-5 yesterday. First impression (which are really important to me :wink: ) scope looks great.

The finish is really good, if I did not mind the rather bright gold advertising on the Nikon Monarch. Is like the Minox logo on either side of the bell is not even there 8) It seems really bright on all magnification ranges. I guess I need to mounted first to really tell. The power ring moves rather easy. There is no wobble at all from the ocular piece ( something I've read people complained about with the earlier models) The eye relieve is sweet, long but sweet. So far I have not experience the tunnel effect I see with the Nikon. But, I really need to mount it first to really make sure.

The El/Wd adjustment turrets are a bit tall. Maybe a bit disappointing for a hunting scope. A mute point for one to be used at the bench. The adjustments are OK. Minox could improve on those. One thing I need to get used to is the initial click to change direction on the knobs (never had a scope do that) Also, there is a tiny gap between the scaled turret and the "return to zero" locking wheel. Don't know is that is normal or not. I'll try to post a pic or two to show.

So far I am please with the purchase. I am hoping to have it mounted and take it to the range in a week or so..............Stay tuned

35R

35R":38g6kkt1 said:
The El/Wd adjustment turrets are a bit tall. Maybe a bit disappointing for a hunting scope. A mute point for one to be used at the bench. The adjustments are OK. Minox could improve on those.

Yeah, I agree. The turrets on my ZA3 are kinda big. I could see where a WSM or SAUM or RUM case (maybe even a belted mag) might be fat enough to interfere with ejection. It's not a problem on my '06 though.

Back