MOA

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
i have a 300 win mag and i plan to shoot 1k+ with this rifle but i am having problems figuring out the moa because i got a chart from hornady and they said that at 1000 yards come up in MOA 20.2 and i am using a 1/4 moa adjustment at 100 yards. and i am wondering if anyone could tell me how to adjust this. thanks

The question is, is your scope a true 1/4 MOA per click or 1/4 inch per click. 1 MOA = 1.047197580733" exactly. Some people rounded it to 1 inch just to semplify things. Using your Hornady example, the difference at 1K is only 1.15 inch. Hornady's data is only your baseline. You still have to verify it in the field using your own rifle. Hope these help. DF

Go here-
http://www.biggameinfo.com/

go to advanced ballistic calculator and plug in your bullet BC, MV,
altitude, temp, etc....
it will give you MOA and come ups so you can dial your yardage.

After this is done, you will need to verify your come ups at all ranges you intend to shoot.

JD338

Exactly. As Desert Fox said.. It depends on if the scope is 1/4 MOA or 1/4 Inch at 100. Should be pretty close regardless but always test and practice at the range.

Just pull the maual and it will tell you wether it is MOA or Inches

After you think you have it checked out, a fun way to shoot it.
10 shoot group.
1 shot at 100
1 shot at 200
1 shot at 300
ect out to 1000 yards.

It will help give you a better feel about how you might perform under unknown hunting conditions.

Antelope_Sniper":3hcat2xj said:
After you think you have it checked out, a fun way to shoot it.
10 shoot group.
1 shot at 100
1 shot at 200
1 shot at 300
ect out to 1000 yards.

It will help give you a better feel about how you might perform under unknown hunting conditions.

You need more than one shot to really establish where your scope dial is relative to the distance - Minimum 3 shot group or, better yet, 5 shot group.

I concur!!!!! The longer the range the more the gremlins, :lol:

Of Course you guys are correct. After you've fired multiple 3 shot groups at each range, and think you have it dialed in for each range, THEN go try the 10 shots at 10 ranges, and see how much game you would have.

Back