Model 70 Win check this out:

Very handsome product. No doubt it would be a joy to carry. :grin:

Not sure I can get used to light-toned maple when finished. I'm used to the darker finish on maple that is employed with old long rifles. Seeing the "blonde" look is sort of odd for me....

Had one rifle with a maple stock, a CZ .204, and wow - it was nice. Not as nice as the stock on the pictured Model 70, but nice.

I've seen some beautiful maple stocked rifles, off and on, for decades.

Compared to pink, blue and purple rifle stocks... :mrgreen:

I like the maple option!

Guy

I looked at one in a LGS last month, it was a .30-06. If it had been a .300 Win Mag it would of been very hard to contain by credit card within my wallet. The action and barrel fit to the stock was very, very good and a most attractive rifle.

Very nice. A few more chamber offerings would be cool.

JD338

Have always wanted a Maple Stocked Rifle. Used drool over the wild Maple stacks in the Herters catalog when I was a kid. Good thing that Herters went out of business.... :cry: :cry: :cry: I would be forever in indentured servitude to that bill. CL

That's a 30-06 I could like. Maple is one of my favorite woods to work with while building furniture. A maple stocked M70 in 30-06 would be pretty cool.

That is a very handsome rifle but something looks to be wrong with the bolt :shock:!!
One thing I am happy about is that you do not see many made for lefties and that is a good thing as I would be poorer than I already am.
Still a very nice rifle.

Blessings,
Dan

SJB358":2jnk3ff1 said:
That's a 30-06 I could like. Maple is one of my favorite woods to work with while building furniture. A maple stocked M70 in 30-06 would be pretty cool.

That is a lovely rifle, Scotty. If I didn't already have one of the 2008 limited production rifles, I would be making every effort to secure one of these. Like you, I believe maple to be a lovely wood. The figure in this particular example is especially handsome.

DrMike":pour18xv said:
SJB358":pour18xv said:

That is a lovely rifle, Scotty. If I didn't already have one of the 2008 limited production rifles, I would be making every effort to secure one of these. Like you, I believe maple to be a lovely wood. The figure in this particular example is especially handsome.
That's for sure! Wow, jumps out at yeah....... take me home!

That maple is well-figured. Wish they'd do one in a darker finish, as I bet the curls would really pop!

My flintlock has similar curl to it, and man, it just is so stunning in a dark finish.....Winchester, can we have a brunette to compliment the blonde please???:)

tddeangelo":3krbyle6 said:
That maple is well-figured. Wish they'd do one in a darker finish, as I bet the curls would really pop!

My flintlock has similar curl to it, and man, it just is so stunning in a dark finish.....Winchester, can we have a brunette to compliment the blonde please???:)

Wouldn't take much to strip it and stain it I bet.

Man that's a nice looking gun, absolutely love how Maple looks on a gun especially when it has figure like that.

That's a gorgeous looking stock.
They just need to fix the bolt.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back