Mounts

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
What are the best mounts on the market? Looking for a silver base preferably 1 piece for a 700 no windage screw. I have looked at a bunch and unsure of which way to go. I know everyone out here has a vast knowledge base so fill me in. Thanks.

nvbroncrider":cslsrd12 said:
What are the best mounts on the market? Looking for a silver base preferably 1 piece for a 700 no windage screw. I have looked at a bunch and unsure of which way to go. I know everyone out here has a vast knowledge base so fill me in. Thanks.

I'm not sure if they are the best, but the picatiny rail with PRW/QRW rings is very nice to use. Very adjustable and a rock solid mounting platform.

Talley mounts are the ONLY mounts that get put on my rifles. I have replaced all my leupold mounts with Talleys. They are easy to put on and top notch quality. I have a ring lapping kit that I never have to use anymore, cause the mounts always line up perfectly.

I'll cast another vote for Talley mounts. I have them on a number of my rifles, and they are among the finest mounts available.

If you're interested, I just recently discovered Talley makes their 1pc lightweight base/ring mount in silver, too. Hmmm...

Depending on the rifle/scope combo, I'll use Talley LWs, Leupy DDs, or S&Ks. Or possible a picatinny rail.

Kurt,

It's for my Rem 700 SS 280AI I'm 99% made up that I'm going with a Swaro Z6 2.5-15X44 on it with a 4A or Plex. I don't want any windage screws to mess with KISS. I love the picitinney rails have a pair of AR's it's an awesome way to mount a scope but I don't want to be able to easily rob my scope for other uses. I'm looking at the Leupold silver DD bases and a set of matte rings. I like the Talley's but I'm also kinda set on the finished look too.

I've not mounted a Z6, but I've come to the conclusion that Talleys don't work for me when mounting a Conquest. The front of the ocular housing is too square for me to be able to move the scope far enough forward to allow the power ring to turn (shown are Leupy DD mediums):

DSC_7016.jpg

If you're not an uber-tall, long necked stock crawler, you might not have problems.

I too have had issues mounting the Conquest in Talleys... though my issue is more with bolt clearance around the massive occular assembly.

Thanks guys for your input today I put my order in for a set of Leupold DD and my Z6 Swarovski.

Songdog":1ynozagt said:
I too have had issues mounting the Conquest in Talleys... though my issue is more with bolt clearance around the massive occular assembly.

Two sides to the same story... ocular clearance. Funny thing... I have 3-9x40 Conquests mounted in Leupy medium DD that fit (barely) but I tried to mount a 2.5-8x32 on my 7-08 M700 and had interference with it. I don't really understand, unless the ocular is bigger on the smaller scope.

I have used everything out there. I settled on these now

31UX%2BicrNQL._AA300_.jpg

Leupold QRW

Back