My best group

Darkhorse

Handloader
Mar 14, 2014
Since we are on the subject this is my best group with my 7mm Rem. Magnum. I bought the rifle in 1981 or 82. It still has the original barrel though I have done a little work to improbe accuracy. These were rounds 26, 27 and 28 that day with no cleaning. I guess I just got lucky when I bought it.
Group2-3-800x614.jpg

Since we are on the subject this is my best group with my 7mm Rem. Magnum. I bought the rifle in 1981 or 82. It still has the original barrel though I have done a little work to improbe accuracy. These were rounds 26, 27 and 28 that day with no cleaning. I guess I just got lucky when I bought it.
Group2-3-800x614.jpg
Very well done 👍

Very nice, congrats on a fantastic group.
It's worthy of being framed and hung.

JD338

That'll do Darkhorse, That'll do!
Definitely a confidence inspiring group.
Now it needs to go hunting (again???)!

When I first got a Rem 700 LSS in 7mm Rem Mag it's first 3 shot group @ 100 yards with Federal Premium 165gr SGK ammo went into .375". Have always found the 7mm to be pretty accurate, and performed well on game.

I have some of the 150 gr BTs and ABs to try in my 280 Rem. Hopefully they shoot as well as they do for you!

There was a time when m700’s were consistently capable in the hands of a good loader/shooter.
without much “accurizing”
with good components and a decent scope they just performed.

Great shooting, great loading, and the rifle backed it all up. (y) No animal walking would want that combination after them.

Back