My name is Azdak and I have a problem

AzDak42

Handloader
Jan 26, 2012
.. this reloading thing... it's worse than crack.

I realized I might have a problem when I came home last night with two brand new die sets for cartridges I don't even personally own yet.

It's not enough now to reload for what I have, it's making sure I have the pipeline full for the next project.

I see no problem, nor will most of the others here. You will fit right in here. This site is full of enablers.

So, what's the problem? I'm a little hazy on what you are saying.

Clearly the problem is, he needs two new rifles to make use of the dies he knew he had to have...

I have brass.... bullets and dies for rifles I've yet to see.

It's not an addiction...I can quit anytime..... yeah... I can quit anytime... anytime........any~~~~

I have bullets, brass and dies for rifles I don't own just in case. Never know when you might acquire a certain caliber and you don't want to wait on components to go to the range. See nothing wrong with that concept.Rick.

What caliber rifle(s) are you looking for. I am sure someone here can help you identify a great deal.

Yes we are here for you :), if we can't sell it to you Scotty has a pipeline to just about every conceivable rifle know to man :wink:
If he can't find it than I am sure Fotis will pitch in and help as well :mrgreen:

Blessings.
Dan

Please.....do not start "the only calibers you need".

This has nothing to do about need.

Orchemo

The only problem I see is that it appears you went into this with too much planning. I like to go the crack dea... uh, gun shop and see what grabs my attention.

I fail to see a problem here. In my humble opinion, you're getting ready for the future. Just as some put away a bit of their paycheck each month, others buy things they KNOW they're going to use (eventually) in the reloading world.
I got dies for my latest rifle purchase WAY before I had the rifle. And yes, I had a number of loads ready for the gunsmith to proof the rifle with. By the way, I did the proofing but that was fine with me. He built a super rifle.
A buddy of mine just got 9.3x62mm dies, brass, and even has some bullets. He doen't have a rifle yet, but.....

I go to the gun store and caliber premonitions or perceived needs of such become really hazy goals, very quickly, depending on which rifles I see and really like there and independant of an real or perceived need! Caliber is usually the last constraint that colors the equation or decision. ADHD are me! Welcome to the club, BTW.

orchemo":21jyrurz said:
Please.....do not start "the only calibers you need".

This has nothing to do about need.

Orchemo

I left the "need" train a long time ago!

That's why I sent the 358 Norma dies I had bought down the road so a gun wouldn't all of a sudden magically appear :)

So far I have largely avoided the dreaded disease. Though I have made one small purchase from Greg N. a Minox scope to replace a sick Monarch. Could be worse, I will graduate in December!
Keith

longguner":29y84cmw said:
the only calibers you really need are .270win. .243 win. .30-06 and .308 win.

Heck I can get by with the 243 and the sacred 30-06. However that would put me into a boredom induced coma. :lol:

Rifles, accessories, components; "Want" and "Need" are synonymous in regards to such issues...

Back