New Member with a .25-06 Question

I hear you buddy. I spent my first 9 years in Camp Pendleton, and enjoyed San Diego and Northern Ca, but I have no desire to move back there as a regular Ca citizen... I'd take Nevada though!!

Yeah I was just trying to be positive. I've spent about 11 months total at Vandenberg AFB on the central coast. It's a fine place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJB358":oo22x7dx said:
I shot my 25-06 tonight. Tried a couple different seating depths and this stood out. I will reshoot it later to see what it does over a few different sessions but it seems pretty decent.

I'll work on the one out but I'm not sure if it wasn't me, but the ETips will shoot, just takes a little mussing around.

That looks like it's coming together very well Scotty. (y) Whatever you do now to improve the load doesn't change that you already have a load that will take your quarry. Nice.

Justin,

Welcome aboard. Load the E Tip .100" off the lands, they do best with a lot of jump.

JD338

Welcome aboard Jason as you can see this forum is next to none in knowledge and just plain good people.
I have nothing to add regarding the 25 Whelen :eek:, but believe that is going to be my next build (y) I will then have the 25-06 (Light Whelen) & the 35 Whelen which is the (Hammer of Thor) :lol:.
Good luck on this up coming hunting season!! Please remember we enjoy stories with lots of photographs :mrgreen:..

Blessings,
Dan

Not the report I was hoping to give...opening weekend of archery in California's D3,4 and 5 zones was a bust. I didn't see a single deer. Found lots of fresh sign though. Might get out one more time before I'm off to Idaho for elk. When I return the .25-06 will be going on its first of many hikes.

Thats the way it rolls sometimes.

Good luck in Idaho. One of my favorite places in the world to hunt.

Justin welcome aboard Lad (y). I believe you just joined the best site on the Net! The people are super knowledgeable & we have a lot of fun here as well.
The 25-06 is a calibre that I am very interested in :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

I have an update on load development for the etips in my .25-06. I tested a couple different powder charges at .100 off the lands. While I didn't measure the group with a caliper (my target is gridded out with 1/4 inch squares) the best group appeared to be just a hair of 1 inch. I think for now I'm going to stop working with the etips. The TTSX give me sub half inch groups at 100 yards so I'm going stick with that until I get the hankering to play with some more loads.

That is quite a reasonable move. I've had good success with E-Tips in a number of cartridges, but I've had equally good results with the TSX in many cartridges. I go with the one that gives me the best combination of velocity, mass and accuracy.

Back