New scope on the way

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
So after a lot of thought and research I bought this at a great price.

I will try it on my Sako TRG's 30-378.
Reviews have been great to say the least!
The power range is the best in the business. I mean 2.5-16 power? Pretty good.
Theoretically speaking from close range dangerous game to antelope at way out there.

pix500290355.jpg

pix598667806.jpg

pix746805210.jpg

pix514033962.jpg

Turrets are lift, turn, return to zero, and lock. Love that configuration the best!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 1,754
  • downloadn.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 1,754
Nice!
How does the glass compare to a VX-3?

JD338

I've heard nothing but good about the 6500. I have no doubt that it will serve you well.

Jim:

I really do not know. I can tell you I have heard great things about this scope on Optics talk. Those guys are optic fanatics.
We will see.

Fotis,
I looked one of those over about a month ago and was very impressed with it. That is one super nice scope with stellar optics in it. That range of magnafication is just flat out impressive. I came darn close to just ordering one but for the application I needed the scope for and for the amount of use it I didnt. I actually needed a illuminated reticule so wound up trying a Mueller 4-16 x50 for shooting at night, and it has worked out just fine . Because of the taper of the extralight weight barrel on my gun; I was able to mount the scope with a 50mm Objective on standard rings; so it is nice and low on the gun. But it is a long way from your Elite, that is a beauty and I am sure you will be elated with that purchase!

Yup and all that in a small package that weighs 17 ounces!

Heck even the 4.5-30 power is not that much bigger. That is some serious power range when you consider the 4.5x14 normal scope ranges.

That looks like a scope for many jobs on one rifle! Great matchup with your 30-378 IMO. fKeep us posted!

Wish they would stick to the name Bausch and Lomb. :wink:

DrMike":1wullyiu said:
Wish they would stick to the name Bausch and Lomb.

+1

True, dat.

B&L won't have their name on anything "gun" related. I'll try to dig up the resource, but it was a case review from a business law class I took where we broke down details of contracts.

I would be fine if they just put Light Optical Works on the box. I'd call it the LOW Light Vision. :wink:

They seem like great scopes, looking forward to hearing more on how you like it Fotis. The 6500 1.25-8x32 with turrets could be something I could really get behind on the new 35 Whelen when it gets done.

I got it today.
I only had 10 minutes with it before I had to go to work .

From an aesthetic point it is very impressive.
The glass is every bit clear as my VX3's.
I breathed on the lenses and could not get them to "hold" the fog thanks to the rainguard.

I will be playing with it on that range pretty soon I hope. I will be testing the tracking which is my biggest pet peeve---if it does not track well.

Please keep us up to date on how you like it, they seem to have a lot of great features compared to other scopes.

Fotis, be careful with that Rainguard coating. I have it on several scopes and some binos. I purposefully (heavily) breath-fogged the binos on the ocular and objective lenses one cold day in the woods (after I had returned to the truck) and found that I could still make out bark textures at 30-40yds through the slightly dimmed lenses. This was on an overcast day around mid-morning. I've gotten spoiled, and can tell you that the first thing I did when my new Minox arrived was fog it and look through. Not as good as Rainguard, but still workable for shooting purposes. Zeiss is now using the same technology licensed from Bushnell in their Lotutec coatings to provide the same benefit.

dubyam":bbowq8bv said:
Fotis, be careful with that Rainguard coating. I have it on several scopes and some binos. I purposefully (heavily) breath-fogged the binos on the ocular and objective lenses one cold day in the woods (after I had returned to the truck) and found that I could still make out bark textures at 30-40yds through the slightly dimmed lenses. This was on an overcast day around mid-morning. I've gotten spoiled, and can tell you that the first thing I did when my new Minox arrived was fog it and look through. Not as good as Rainguard, but still workable for shooting purposes. Zeiss is now using the same technology licensed from Bushnell in their Lotutec coatings to provide the same benefit.

Are you saying it works well or that it doesn't work as well as advertised? Any insight would be appreciated.

I absolutely love Rainguard, Gerry! You'll get spoiled to having it and won't like other scopes if you're not careful.

Back