New shooter.

358 WCF

Beginner
Jan 31, 2020
The kids are visiting this week & my grand daughter went to the range yesterday. Familiarization on targets then the steel animals out to 50 yds. She was afraid of recoil from watching too much TV, but cant wait to go burn up some more rimfire. Maybe tomorrow. Got her to shoot the 9mm once. She may try it again after we loaded up some of the empty brass last night. We loaded 22-250 tonight & some 120gr 6.5 Creedmoor for the next time. She's excited to try the bigger guns. The pictures are in the wrong order. Start at the bottom.

Attachments

• 20-8-10 range day (2).jpg
    20-8-10 range day (2).jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 524
  • 20-8-10 range day (4).jpg
    20-8-10 range day (4).jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 20-8-10 range day (5).jpg
    20-8-10 range day (5).jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 20-8-11 loading 22-250 (3).jpg
    20-8-11 loading 22-250 (3).jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 524
  • 20-8-10 range day (1).JPG
    20-8-10 range day (1).JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 524
Great to see she’s showing interest and really getting some hands on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always exciting to see new shooters showing interest in the sport. Your granddaughter does appear comfortable with the rifle. Good on you for introducing her to the sport.

Great to see, she will be rocking that 22-250 and Creedmoor soon!

That's awesome. Well done and time we'll spent with the kids making memories.

JD338

That's being a good teacher. Have gotten 2 out of 3 granddaughters interested in shooting. Dan.

They left yesterday. It's quiet around here today... almost too quiet. All 3 rimfires malfunctioned. The middle age one I believe may have a weak firing pin spring causing misfires too often. The bolt is soaking in G96. The old one is having magazine jamming problems, I wonder if Numrich is open yet? The brand new CZ with no sights & a 25 yr. old old scope had a scope malfunction. Awaiting return authoriztion #s from Burris.

Before everything went south...

20-8-10 1st try 25yd. open sights.jpg

The 12 yr old liked reloading the centerfires better than shooting them. Too much noise she said. At least all the pistol brass is loaded now. I think her mom will be getting her a 22 rifle for Xmas. My daughter wants a 1911 & a 44 Special revolver after shooting mine. It's an inherited disease, I tell ya.

Despite the needle pointing toward magnetic north, sometimes things go south. Sounds as if things are working out well for your daughter and granddaughter, nevertheless.

DrMike":1jolupax said:
Despite the needle pointing toward magnetic north, sometimes things go south. Sounds as if things are working out well for your daughter and granddaughter, nevertheless.

Ain't that the truth... magnetic north keeps moving I hear. No complaints from here. They went through almost 1000 rds. of rimfire & about 9 or 10 boxes of 9mm, 44s... mostly Spl. but a few Magnums, & 45ACP during the week. The steel critters took a terrific beating, all 3 generations are shooting well, there's another identical 25 yr. old scope on the CZ, & life is good.

Back