New Trigger for Weatherby Vanguard

redrider03

Beginner
Dec 7, 2007
I am wanting to get a new trigger for my new Weatherby Vanguard. I was wanting to get a Timney but everybody is out of them, and not expected to become available for 3.5 weeks at the earliest. Has anybody had any experience with the Rifle Basix triggers? How are they to install? Or would I be better to just suffer and wait for the Timney's to become available? Thanks guys.

I installed a Rifle Basix trigger on my Ruger M77 MKII 300 Win Mag. Installation was easy and adjustment is also. I have never used or installed a Timiney. I think the Rifle Basix is a little less expensive.

I installed a Rifle Basix on my Vanguard. It wasn't too difficult and it works real well. The only thing to watch for is the clearance for the safety. On some stocks you may have to dremmel the stock slightly where the very bottom of the safety mechanism moves. work the safety and you will see where the movement is. That may not be necessary on yours. I re-stocked mine.
Good Luck
Greg :grin:

I just bought a Timney from their website. I just checked and they have the Vanguard /Howa 1500 instock for $109.00. It was easy to install on my Howa and adjusted just fine. It was an improvement.
I would add the link but not sure if I'm supposed to do that.

i had a problem with the vangaurd trigger, factory rep was prepared to send it to weatherby for warrantee. i took action out of stock for the last time. took trigger assembly off, and out dropped a brass colored metal shaving, little fingernail size. looked like potmetal. put it back on action, set adjustment. now it works great. the weatherby rep said howa was having a quality control issue for a while. in my triggers case, it was a dirty assembly area issue. apparently

Baltz526,

I had something similar happen with a brand new rifle of unnamed design which I was breaking in. It slam-fired on the second shot. Back to the gunsmith, suspecting a major problem. When we took the action out of the stock, a small piece of metal fell out of the trigger assembly and there was never again a problem. It was a great reminder to practise safe muzzle control. Quality control can effect some very good names.

Back