New Zeiss HD-5!!!

Both are great scopes but the Zeiss edges it in optics.

I'll be getting the 2-10x42 this week for the .375 H&H :grin: ..Yah, they are a nice scope, I like Leupolds too, but give the edge to Zeiss. I just might get one for the 7mag too :twisted:

Lou

FOTIS":asr8urkh said:
Both are great scopes but the Zeiss edges it in optics.

Thanks, Fotis.

A local shop has a 6500 2.5-16 on clearance for $499, and I'm hard pressed not to pass it up.

Bushnell has been caught switching components from various 3200, 4200 and 6500 models to create cheaper badged model scopes which are not what they seem, where a 6500 might be 4200 components with some 6500 lenses. I do not care for this practice and doubt that Zeiss engages in it!

I have owned a large variety of scopes over the years. I now have two from Zeiss, I really doubt that I will be buying a different brand if the situation comes up. I have 6 Léupy's, spanning at least 30 years and also find them to be a great scope. But not a Zeiss.

I own (3) Leupy's and (5) Zeiss scopes now Bill. This past year, I have bought both two Zeiss, plus a Leupy VX3. So I guess my choice is still based on the use of that particular scope.

I've upgraded a lot of my older Leupold's to Zeiss scopes in the last year too. I still have more Leupold's then any other brand but that is slowly changing. Right now I have 1 Sightron, 13 Leupold's, 5 Zeiss, and 2 Nightforce plus some other cheapy scopes on .22's etc. I will probably pick up another Nightforce, another HD5 Zeiss, and maybe another Conquest while they are cheap and still available. Both the Conquest and the HD5 are clearer than my Nightforce scopes if that tells you anything about the glass in the Zeiss scopes, 1/3 the price and clearer glass makes it hard to not buy them.

I also have a couple of Kahles, Swarovski and a Partridge in a pear tree (Minox) ZA5 on a .22 Mag.

Despite owning other euro scopes you have to agree they are a great bang for the buck since you bought two right Charlie?

Absolutely great bang for the buck on the HD 5's. They are very close to the performance of my Diavari V scope which is a very high standard of performance!

I've been looking at the HD-5 for awhile, and just picked one up today :grin: ..AWSOME scope, I'm thinking of getting another one for the Sako 85 Bavarian 7mag too 8)

Lou

Very handsome, Lou. Very handsome, indeed. I know you will enjoy it.

DrMike":2un697fs said:
Very handsome, Lou. Very handsome, indeed. I know you will enjoy it.

Thanks Mike :grin: ..I realy like the Leupolds as well, but I've never had a scope like this one, the glass is just crystal clear, and the windage/elevation "clicks" are also very smooth as well. The #20 reticle is just perfect for me too,It's all bore sighted for now, I look forward to testing this scope on the range hopefully next week,If I can see better, maybe I'll shoot better :grin: :wink:

Lou

Should make a great combination, Lou. I just put one on my .270 Win and am getting ready to put the other one on my .30-06. Then both my Model 70's will have the HD 5 scope in 3-15x42 on them. My Browning .257 Roberts already has the Diavari 5-15x42 on it.

Oldtrader3":1dk6uzft said:
Should make a great combination, Lou. I just pet one on my .270 Win and am getting ready to put the other one on my .30-06. Then both my Model 70's will have the HD 5 scope in 3-15x42 on them. My Browning .257 Roberts already has the Diavari 5-15x42 on it.

Yah Charlie, they are a nice scope no doubt, I'm looking forward to some range time with the new HD-5 :grin: ..my Sako Bavarian 7mag is topped off with a Leupold VX3-3.5x10x40mm with the B&C reticle, I might just put it on the forum classifieds, and get another HD-5 for it,over all, I'm very impressed with these zeiss scopes 8)

Lou

Sako 85":2q3h4cno said:
I've been looking at the HD-5 for awhile, and just picked one up today :grin: ..AWSOME scope, I'm thinking of getting another one for the Sako 85 Bavarian 7mag too 8)

Lou

Great scope Lou!

The Zeiss is really picking up momentum, the Daivari that I picked up is a older model but it is as clear as any of my Leupolds.
You can sure see a shift taking place :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Back