New Zeiss HD-5!!!

Got the HD-5 3-15x42 on the 338-375 Ruger "Green Monster" as Matt calls it. Bright, clear, and I dig the turrets.

Man, what a nitwit I am. I changed my mind on mounting my HD5 Zeiss because I bought 4 boxes of 168 gr ABLR, 7 Rem Mag at 2880 fps/box from SPS. So in celebration of this occurrence, and in trying to optimize my 7mm Mag, I will do some more load work on the custom, Mauser, 7mm Mag. I already have a new 3.5-10x44 Conquest on the .30-06 which works great with #4 reticle. If experiments with the LRAB on the 7mm Mag do not make me happy, I can always switch scopes.

I think that I got stuck by GunBroker. I bid on a 6mm Rem "Mauser, Commercial Action rifle". Turns out the action is a Spanish M-94, Military and not a commercial Mauser action after all. Apparently, GunBroker has posted a Fraud Notice on this gun but I did not receive this notice until after I bid on the rifle. I wrote to the seller saying, Foul Play, No Fair! but he is ignoring me so far. I do not think that I should pay commercial prices or have to buy at all a spurious rifle which is not what they said it is, al all? But so far no answer?

Back