Nice M70 .257 Whelen at the 'fire...

Wasn't it the .25 Neidner or something like that, too?

Uh oh! That rifle is pretty nice huh? Man, that thing has some pretty nice wood on it.. Plus, I just happen to have a set of dies already at home for this one!

I think Scotty is making a move on this one! :lol: ....and we all thought it would be the 325wsm!!??

Scott

Kurt, they were also a Neider originally, I think that both of them necked down the .30-06 to .25-06 about the same time (1920's).

muleman":3gfgxjsa said:
I think Scotty is making a move on this one! :lol: ....and we all thought it would be the 325wsm!!??

Scott

Who? Me? What? You guys think you know me!

SJB358":1ilofqkx said:
muleman":1ilofqkx said:

Scott

Who? Me? What? You guys think you know me!

Saw your message on 24 - Have any news for us?.....Sure is a purty rifle!.....at a good price!
If I wasn't looking to raise some cash and you weren't looking at it I'd have bought it already. :lol:
Scott

Yeah, I caved.. Couldn't help it to be honest. I have wanted another 25-06 since I bought that dud Remington and sold it the Winter of 2010.. I ordered a Model 70 immediately after I sold the Remington, but since it took so long for the 25-06, I found the 264 in the mean time. Plus, the wood is really nice, it just might be the nicest M70 I own?

He said he fired it 24 times and the original owner only shot it enough to sight in the scope. I am thinking it should be in great shape. Worst case, it will make a nice 35 Whelen! :twisted:

With a Featherweight, I would make it a .257 Roberts if it won't shoot for whatever reason. Nice looking stick. It should be a nice looking rifle, congrats!

Back