Nightforce

I don't have a nightforce but I believe I found a close second. I picked up a Huskemaw optic scope the other day and have been extremely pleased. After doing some research I found that the same glass is used in the Huskemaw as nightforce. The Huskemaw also came in a triangle box "just like a nightforce" I don't know if all the mechanical parts inside the scope are the same as a nightforce but the optics are great. If you have any interest check them out at www.thebestofthewest.net . I have been extremely happy so far.

Imerickson,

Thank you for the info,that looks like a very nice scope.Have you ever had a leupold MKIV to compare it with ? Wondering about optical quality and the reliability of the target knobs to return to zero ect.

Am in the planing stage for a new rifle,I like to take my time and research to make sure I don't spend alot of money on something that isn't what I really want.Took me several months before I bought my last rifle.A Tikka 243.

Right now am leaning towards a remington VSF in 308,badger 20moa base and badger rings,scope so far is a toss up between the MKIV 6.5-20x50mm LR/T M1 or the Nightforce NXS 5.5-20x50mm.Will take a good long look at the Huskemaw,thats a good price for a quality scope.

thanks again 8)

I have a vx-III 4.5-14x50 and I feel the Huskemaw has better optical quality. I have been playing with it for a couple days and it has been taking everything my 7mm RUM sendero can throw at it. I was dead set on picking up a night force, but after talking with some of the guys from the best of the west (John Porter in particular - pretty well know sheep guide) I decided I would try it out. It has a zero stop in it. I didn't think I would like it, but the 1/3 click moa allows you to get out to a 1000 yards with one revolution of the turret which is really nice. I also picked up a set of tally one piece rings (15 minutes from Midway USA is nice) and after lapping have been very pleased. They are a good solid ring and they eliminate having that extra ring/base connection. Less moving parts the better in my opinion. However I know you won't have any problems with badger.

How do you like that Tikka? I have been thinking about a lighter deer rifle. I like the Sako Grey Wolf, but I'm getting to that price range where I could almost build another custom rifle.

I like the Tikka alot,havn't had a chance to shoot it yet.Got powder coming from Midway right now :)

Back