Nikon Monarch 3

boomer68

Handloader
Oct 23, 2006
I am looking for another scope for my 7mm Weatherby and was wondering if anyone has experience with the Monarch 3? Looking at the 5-20x44 BDC. Or, should I go with a Swarovski Z3? Just not overly impressed with the 10 yr warranty.

I think you probably already know, but there is NO comparison with the Nikon's vs the Swaro. Nikon makes good scopes, but I am not sure you would ever not like the Swaro.

Go with the Swarovski. Nikon makes a good scope, but it isn't in the same class. Just because the warranty is only for ten years doesn't mean you will ever use it.

What power would you recommend?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Look at my bushnell elite 6500 in the classifieds. Great buy! 2.5x16 x42mm is perfect

boomer68":238fp1oz said:
What power would you recommend?

Boomer, I would really be looking at that 4x12 with the Ballistic Turret.. Kinda thinking that would be perfect on a 7mm Magnum..

I have the Swaro AH with the 4-12x50 configuration. If I did it again, I would get the 3.5x10x42 Z3 configuration. Just my preference. The Nikon is not even close to being in the same league as the Swaro. I have had my Swaro 10 years and it has never missed a beat!

Oldtrader3":39qx7v62 said:
I have the Swaro AH with the 4-12x50 configuration. If I did it again, I would get the 3.5x10x42 Z3 configuration. Just my preference. The Nikon is nor even close to being in the same league as the Swaro. I have had my Swaro 10 years and it has never missed a beat!

Charlie nailed it.

Now the next question.... which reticle? ;-)

I think you will find it able to take more punishment with out a failure as I have read the erector system in the Z3 was not built that strong? Congrats on your purchase!

Swarovski uses the same erector in the Z3 as they have used in their scopes for at least the past 20 years and mostly none have failed. The Z6 has a double coil spring arrangement in the erector that is bulletproof and absolutely unbreakable (nearly). This has caused some people to downgrade the Z3 erector as being "not as reliable" as a Z6 erector design but nothing else is!

Back