Nikon Range finder

which range finder is the best choice for 50-1000 yards deer and smaller non reflective

• Nikon Monarch 1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leupold 1200

• Leica 1200

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Britz

Beginner
Mar 10, 2007
I have a Nikon buckmaster lazer range finder that was made in 1999. It is in very good condition but I would like to upgrade. Any Idea about what it would be worth to sell? I paid about 390 for it new.

Also, any advice on a good finder for ranging deer or smaller targets out to 1000 yards? THinking of Nikon 1200, Lepald 1200, and the Leica 1200.

Britz":183h9b7d said:
Also, any advice on a good finder for ranging deer or smaller targets out to 1000 yards? THinking of Nikon 1200, Lepald 1200, and the Leica 1200.

Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30

JD338

Here's a link to a good article, which compares several popular rangefinders. Well worth a look if you're upgrading.

http://www.6mmbr.com/rangefinders.html

Like JD338, I chose the Swarovski when I updated from my old Bushnell. It's a wonderful optical tool. Soon as I looked through it, I knew I had to have it.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":1tsjubur said:
Like JD338, I chose the Swarovski when I updated from my old Bushnell. It's a wonderful optical tool. Soon as I looked through it, I knew I had to have it.
Regards, Guy

You will only feel the pain once, when you pay for it.
It is truely the best one on the market and it won't let you down. :wink:

JD338

great article, thanks . Swavaro is a little out of my price range, hoping to stay well under 600. I am keeping an eye on Ebay for Leica lrf.

Check at SWFA, they have a list of used or floor model optics that are generally in great shape and priced at a considerable savings. If you can swing it, even if it means waiting, the Swarovski is worth it...

http://www.riflescopes.com

I see several on their "sample list" that are marked at $749 - which is a great deal!

Regards, Guy

THanks for your replies! I can see from the pole how you apparently feel about Nikon! I will have to give it some thought.

Back