No Range Today

That sounds pretty good Bob. Seems like the SST's do like to shoot up closer to the rifling. I had excellent results in both 338's at around 3.350 in my rifles running around 2850. Hoping to duplicate those loads with the 225 AB's. Tried them in the past, but I feel like I am a little smarter now and may get them to shoot better this time around.

SJB358":2b483cyu said:
That sounds pretty good Bob. Seems like the SST's do like to shoot up closer to the rifling. I had excellent results in both 338's at around 3.350 in my rifles running around 2850. Hoping to duplicate those loads with the 225 AB's. Tried them in the past, but I feel like I am a little smarter now and may get them to shoot better this time around.
Thanks Scotty. Hoping to take a half-day tomorrow and give them another tilt and run them over the chrony this time.

If I can duplicate the accuracy and get speed of 2700+ well I think I'm done. I know the 338 will push them a bit harder but I can't see me shooting much past 250y with this rifle. The main aim of this rifle is sambar deer and they're reputed to like living in the thickest, snottiest hills you can imagine so even 250y would be a real long shot.

Yeah, if they are accurate 2700 is still matching a 30-06 with a 180, so your in real familiar territory. Good luck, can't wait to see how they shoot.

Back