Nope, not going out

Merry Christmas and prayers to all in the cold weather.
Please don't take this wrong but if it wasn't for the news we would have no idea that parts of the country were cold. We live in the coastal mountains of the west coast and it is almost 80 degrees today. 20221225_111613.jpg

Merry Christmas and prayers to all in the cold weather.
Please don't take this wrong but if it wasn't for the news we would have no idea that parts of the country were cold. We live in the coastal mountains of the west coast and it is almost 80 degrees today. View attachment 18579
A post like that is just cruel! Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

A post like that is just cruel! Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.
It wasn't meant to be.
On the other side of the coin, a few years ago we had a wildfire burn right to the back of our house. We were evacuated for several days with horses, dogs and all the guns I could get in my back seat. It was 117 degrees for several days and our great firefighters saved our home and property.

Actually I'm embarrassed to admit that I forgot some other folks we should be grateful for in this "seasonal weather"..... If you drive a truck, your family is worried your stuck in a snow drift some place.... Hope they are all home tonight (but I know they arent). Being a fire fighter in weather like this has to suck...and I'm allowed to worry 'cause my Daughter is an EMT and she's out working in this weather too. Prayers for all. CL

we got out yesterday . it was 13* F . the wind did calm some , I'll guess 10 - 15 with 25 gusts . just nice to be able to get out . today is around 20* then it starts to warm up .

we are in the woods just about everyday . we go for anywhere from 1 to about 5 hours . somedays we pack a lunch and spend the day out there walking and snooping around . she enjoys the woods . since rifle season ended , we've been trimming some grown up roads on our lease , to be able to get through them . we also had two roads running parallel to each other . we cut through , I'll guess 400 - 500 yards , and made a winding connector road between them . it'll make things much easier for game retrieval in the future being able to get a side by side back through there . rainy days we ride around until the rain stops , then we park and go for a walk . I'm still learning the lease . there's a few places we need to get in and explore , it seems the guys have forgot about some patches and we don't hunt them .

getting ready to go to the lease , she likes buggy rides too .

IMG_20221020_095912774.jpg

I will be honest most of the Coyote hunting I have done has been around single digits with temps from -20 to 35F You don’t need to set a watch on a stand calling at around 15-20 minutes you are ready to get up to start walking. I have even done quite a bit of Pheasant hunting in Iowa in below -0 weather and this might sound funny if the wind is not blowing its not to bad to be out.
But then again I don’t like doing anything in the wind even fishing !

Had to go out. I have 5 horses to care for. By Christmas eve AM it was -10F inside, the barn, -20F outside, with 30 mph winds, gusting to 50 mph. They were in their stalls until Monday. Filled a lot of Muck buckets. The older horses were OK with it but the 2 year old colts were a little testy with the confinement.

Back