Nosler 26

SJB358":1xowbq59 said:
The only thing I am surprised of is the short neck. I would have thought with all that case it would have had a longer neck on it. Not sure it matters, but I do like the longer necked cartridges. Either way, it is a screamer. Looking forward to hearing about the few I know are being built. It is going to be a heater with 140's and hopefully someone drops a 150-160 for it to really see what the 1-8 twist and extra case is all about..

It has nearly a caliber length neck (.260") which is pretty common now days. Target rounds are about the only ones that have case necks much over caliber length. A .300wm only has a .274" neck length.

I do not think that the Weatherby Vanguard action is an easy fit for the .26 Nosler because of dimensional differences in case taper and feed rail geometry to handle the straighter taper of the .26 Nosler. I am sitting here looking at a chamber drawing and case drawing on the Nosler site. There are some major dimensional issues to address when chambering this .26 Nosler into a .300 Weatherby.

Back