Nosler 30 cal. 150 gr ET

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Ordered some 150 gr. Etips to try in my 30-06 and was wondering how they performed for you using on whitetail deer. Slow to try out these style of bullets having been a pt guy for years. Let me know how they work for you. Thanks, Dan.

Dan I have not used that weight in the 30-06 but my son shoots the 90 gr. E-tips in his 6mm Remington. He has taken several antelope and a nice mule deer with it. He also took his first elk which was a big old cow at 350 yards with one shot! On the smaller stuff it seemed to expand nicely and did a great job. The deer and antelope never went far after being shot. Never recovered a bullet on them and it sailed on through. Same on his elk. Hit her tight behind the right shoulder and the bullet exited her left shoulder. She went about 20 yards and fell over. Pretty darn good performance. I think you will be very happy with the E-tips in your 30-06.

I also shot them and the Partitions and Accubonds into water jugs at 25-100-200-300-400- and 500 yards to check expansion, weight retention, and penetration. I was very pleased at how all three of those bullets performed.

David

Haven't tried them on Whitetails.
But they work really good on Mule deer, Elk, Moose and Black Bear.
Using them and PT for all calibers.
Wish they still had PT Gold for handguns

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've used E-Tips in my 270 WSM to harvest moose, elk, mule deer and whitetails. It is the preferred bullet for that particular cartridge. I have loaded up some of the 150 grain E-Tips in my 30-06, though I haven't taken game with that load at this time. I took a lot of moose and elk with the 165/168 grain TSX in my 300 WSM over the past number of years. It was an excellent performer in that cartridge.

I used 150gr E-Tip in 30-06 couple years, cow elk tags here in Co. Both 1 shot kills and never recover bullet.

Thanks everyone for the info. Looking forward to trying them out this coming fall. In the process of building a new reloading bench (getting ready for retirement) so will be couple of weeks before getting everything set back up. I like how folks here are good about sharing info and being helpful! Dan.

30-338":2qa45g85 said:
I used 150gr E-Tip in 30-06 couple years, cow elk tags here in Co. Both 1 shot kills and never recover bullet.

The various mono-metal bullets can be game-changers. They don't typically come apart. Usually penetrate like crazy. I haven't used them much, but... The potential is strong.

Guy

I am thinking about trying the Etips in my 6.5 CM now. I’ve been very impressed with the Barnes TTSX. Wondering if the e tips might expand a little better at longer range or not. Or are they just like the Barnes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland48":15i2r8jl said:
I am thinking about trying the Etips in my 6.5 CM now. I’ve been very impressed with the Barnes TTSX. Wondering if the e tips might expand a little better at longer range or not. Or are they just like the Barnes?

Not sure they’d be better or not but the E-Tip does seem to expand a little wider.

SJB358":hjmex0h7 said:
Cleveland48":hjmex0h7 said:

Not sure they’d be better or not but the E-Tip does seem to expand a little wider.
Worth trying then I suppose [emoji106]

Cleveland48: If you look in the bullet test sections I have some recovered E-tips from my son's 6mm Remington that were shot into water jugs at 35-100-200-300- and 400 yards. I have not yet gotten one out of the jugs at 500 yards. The E-tips expanded nicely and penetrated just like I would have expected.

6mm Remington":38n1mjth said:
Cleveland48: If you look in the bullet test sections I have some recovered E-tips from my son's 6mm Remington that were shot into water jugs at 35-100-200-300- and 400 yards. I have not yet gotten one out of the jugs at 500 yards. The E-tips expanded nicely and penetrated just like I would have expected.
Ok thanks!

Back