Nosler ammo in .375 Ruger?

HunterJim

Handloader
Oct 20, 2004
Howdy ya'll,

I have a new Ruger African Hawkeye rifle in .375 Ruger sitting here looking at me. I have some Hornady factory ammo coming, but it is not here yet.

Meanwhile I have been thinking about ammo sources. Will Ruger add this cartridge to the line?

thanks...jim

It'll probably be awhile before something like that happens, but you never know. Conley Precision will load it for you though w/ Nosler bullets. Just look then up on the web. Good luck w/ your new rifle. Looks to be a good caliber.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this cartridge. The last report I got was that it kicks like a mule. Nosler will have the load data in their #6 reloading guide.

I have some Hornady ammo here now, but I haven't been to the range yet.

I'll let you know after I do...jim

Brother advised that some Hogue (sp) stocks for the Hawkeye Alaskan were weak in the pistol grip area and Ruger will replace them free of charge. Brother replaced mine. Kicks like a rabbit and is sure to make a Brown/Grizzly pretty uncomfortable come April 08. Thanks to who ever for the tip on Conley Precision. Want to be properly dressed next April with Noslers in the tube.

OK, I have been to the range several times and fired factory Hornady 270 and 300 gr ammo in the .375. I didn't find the recoil to be bad: more than my .376 Steyr and less than my .375 H&Hs.

I also took it on an elk hunt in Montana, but did not find an animal to shoot -- way too warm and sunny.

Nosler Custom Ammunition would be cool. I would like the lighter Partition load for North American game.

jim

That would be a nice offering from Nosler, 260 gr AB, PT, 300 gr AB, PT and solids.

JD338

I think Nosler should offer a single Nosler Partition load for North America, and a second for Africa. I have used a lot of 300 gr NPs in Africa, and they kill well and define a standard.

We don't need so much weight here, but I prefer the NP to the AB.

jim

Could chime in here also and request a 270 Partition loaded in the 375 Ruger...or Maybe Federal will load Noslers for us at some point..not too keen on Hornady...except for some basic brass...but not long term...

Back