Nosler Custom 25-06 brass

bacova

Beginner
Oct 9, 2005
Hey Nosler, I see 25-06 NC ammo listed on your website, 3 different loadings, but I can't find 25-06 NC brass listed anywhere. What's up? I'd really like to buy about 100 cases. I know I can buy 270 brass and neck it down, but the odd headstamp is a pain in the butt.

Any chance I'll be able to purchase 25-06 brass in the near future?

Thanks, Bacova

bacova":1l8xn0pv said:
I see 25-06 NC ammo listed on your website, 3 different loadings, but I can't find 25-06 NC brass listed anywhere. What's up?

I have been asking them the same thing ever since they introduced their Custom Ammo in this chambering.

I'd really like to buy about 100 cases.

I offered to purchase 500-1000, but they still turned down my offer. :?

I know I can buy 270 brass and neck it down, but the odd headstamp is a pain in the butt.

At least I know now that I am not alone at this.

Any chance I'll be able to purchase 25-06 brass in the near future?

Thanks, Bacova

If its not on their agenda for the year they don't take it into consideration or put much thought into it.

Maybe next year is what I got told by the "Nosler Staff"... :roll:

Well, I guess we can always buy the loaded ammo and then reuse the brass. I have 100 of the 110 Accubonds (bullets only) sitting on my bench, I can always restuff the once fired brass. Kinda expensive way to do it though.

I've been having some trouble with Win 25-06 brass, not up to the standards I've been used to in the Norma brass I've always prefered to use for my other calibers. Unfortunately Norma doesn't offer it either, so I thought I'd like to try Nosler if I could get it.

Then again maybe I'll just try some R-P. I understand it's normally a little thicker than the Win brass. The last batch of 100 Wins I bought tend to want to split at the neck after only 2 or 3 firings. Just a slight crack, but enough to discard them. Usually have to use a magnifying glass to see the it. I've tried annealing but it didn't help. I'm not shooting anywhere near max recommended loads either. Maybe I just got a bad batch of brass, but I plan to try something else before buying more of the Win.

Funny I always thought on my end that the Win brass was a bit thicker than the rem brass, I guess a guy can weight brands and see what he likes better.

I push ab's out with 53 g of IMR 4350 all day long with win brass, most of them are on loading number 6.
I have had R-P brass split necks alot, thats why i switched to win???????

maybe nosler doesnt use their own brass for some of their ammo?
can someone confirm that the 25-06 custom ammo actually does have a nosler headstamp?

maybe winchester stamps it for them?

who knows????

I would like to try some tho.........
I'd order 100 to try and 500 if i liked it.

Back