Nosler Loaded Rimfire Ammunition! New Bullets!

treesnake

Beginner
Feb 15, 2012
Nosler Loaded Rimfire Ammunition! New Handgun and Rifle Bullets!
In a surprise move Nosler, Inc will announce 3 new additions to their product line!
The first is Nosler factory loaded rimfire ammunition; Gordy Hauck, innovation engineer, explains:
‘With the new Varmageddon bullets and lead-free Ballistic Tip bullets it was a natural extension of our excellent products to offer loaded rimfire ammunition.’ Initial offerings will include Varmageddon tipped and hollow point .22 long rifle, .17 HMR, and .17 HMR Mach 2. The .22 WMR offerings and other cartridge selections will follow shortly. Hauck continues:” The accuracy and reliability of this new ammunition has to be experienced to be described- suffice to say there is a whole new standard in rimfire ammunition today.”
Additionally Nosler has announced a new hunting bullet- the “Phantom”; Project director Jason Seaward says “this bullet is basically the ’Failsafe version 2”, similar to its predecessor with a heavy copper nose and jacket, but different in the heavier than lead core, grey blue polymer tip filling the hollow point cavity and a more aerodynamic boat tail base. Penetration exceeds that of the original Failsafe bullet with aerodynamics approaching those of the AccuBond. Accuracy is on par with the AccuBond and Ballistic Tip as well. Initially available in all popular calibers from .243 to .375, a .416 caliber 400 grain bullet, and .458 caliber 500 grain bullet will be available by mid June. The 90 grain .243 caliber bullets are sure to be an immediate favorite.
The third new product will be a welcome surprise for those who spend time in bear country and use large caliber handguns for protection. Nosler has pioneered a new technology that bonds a Heavy Copper alloy core to a Cast Lead alloy core with a whopping Brinell hardness of 26! “What we’ve done is to create a handgun bullet with unprecedented penetration that will not come apart at any velocity no matter the caliber or loading.” “Hunters and outdoorsmen can absolutely count on this bullet in the worst dangerous game scenarios imaginable.” Says Brian Eaton , manager of development.”Some experts told us it would be neither possible, practical or reasonable to combine these technologies, but it’s proved to be all 3 of those things and has worked better than we had hoped.” Initially .44, .45, and .50 calibers bullets will be available in weights from 275 grains to 355 for the .44, 300 to 405 grains in .45 caliber and up to 565 grains! for the .50 caliber Magnums. The bullets are named” Gorloth” after the mythical medieval creature which would hunt and eat Lions, Tigers, and Bears. The bullets come in a snazzy box with a painting of the creature, guaranteed to give you nightmares, on the front, and a full size poster to hang on the wall will be included with the first 500 orders. Eaton adds: “ this bullet will re-define terminal performance in the modern handgun as we know it.”

There's a huge write up in 'Sportsmen Afield'. look for it on Nosler homepage Monday morning.

No Kidding. Dr. Mike just told me the first factory seconds will be available at SPS later this week!

Better than the Failsafe! I'm getting my hands on some of those! Sounds like a more compact E-tip for tose of us that can still have lead in our bullets!

Pretty damn excited to try some Nosler 22 LR ammo as well!

irocbarry":29elpbsh said:
I'm assuming a lengthy write up of an April's Fools joke.

That's what I thought too. I almost did one myself but thought that no one would believe that I bought a Winchester :shock:

If it is real, All of the products sound very exciting.
If not, Nosler has got some work to do. :mrgreen:

Back