Nosler reloading ?

RAY

Handloader
Jan 31, 2015
Knowing every rifle is like a fingerprint , I would like to know who has followed Nosler's data down to their tested COAL and had good results from a factory rifle ?

Just curious to know what were some of your first experiences and results of your first time out ?

I'm about to get started , I have 3 commercial wooden doors that I will carve up and fashion into a solid desk/bench .

Thanks for any replies !

My M70 7X57 Mauser took 6 rounds to sight in 7-9 went under 3/4" 48gr of H414 150 PT @ Nosler recommended COAL for that bullet. I bought that brand new a couple of years ago.

My new rebored M70 in 9.3X62 Mauser I did the same thing. After I got the scope mounted took 2 rounds to sight in then shot a 3 shot group. 9-11 out the barrel went .319" using Nosler recommened COAL. Now this may very well be a coincidence but it gives you a starting point.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 480
My very successful .25-06 load is right out of Nosler's manual. The factory built Rem 700 is shooting nice tight groups and has made one-shot kills at 400+ yards. That's plenty good enough for me.

I recommend working up to their max loads, starting low, with their starting loads.

Regards, Guy

First time out for what? Loading?

I don't really remember a time when I wasn't loading... Dad and Grandpa had me helping them load rifle ammo when I was only 5 years old or so, well over 50 years ago.

Regards, Guy

Ray, I load for a number of my friends, a variety of calibers, with few exceptions Nosler specs have produced fine results.

Thank you guys for your replies and the pics, I appreciate it !!!!
This definitely helps and it's inspiring!

...when I got my .25 WSSM I bore sighted it, shot 6 rounds @ 25yds., then moved out to 100yds. First 2 rounds of Win. factory 120's are @ the top of the target, second 2 @ the bottom of the diamond third pr. @ the top...

...had some 85gr. NBT's loaded up to try, POA was the top of the bottom post...

The only book I use is Nosler 7 other than the loads I get from other forum members.
Great reference!!!

Blessings,
Dan

I've had excellent luck as well on a variety of cartridges. It's never a bad place to start. Sierra gives good stuff as well.

wildgene":10p3zkq8 said:
...when I got my .25 WSSM I bore sighted it, shot 6 rounds @ 25yds., then moved out to 100yds. First 2 rounds of Win. factory 120's are @ the top of the target, second 2 @ the bottom of the diamond third pr. @ the top...

...had some 85gr. NBT's loaded up to try, POA was the top of the bottom post...

Those are the same targets I like to use !
Looking good !

nvbroncrider":2qd6f6sw said:
My M70 7X57 Mauser took 6 rounds to sight in 7-9 went under 3/4" 48gr of H414 150 PT @ Nosler recommended COAL for that bullet. I bought that brand new a couple of years ago.

My new rebored M70 in 9.3X62 Mauser I did the same thing. After I got the scope mounted took 2 rounds to sight in then shot a 3 shot group. 9-11 out the barrel went .319" using Nosler recommened COAL. Now this may very well be a coincidence but it gives you a starting point.
Looking good !

Back