Nosler vs. Sierra stats?

10at6

Beginner
Dec 27, 2005
I have shot several scoped tests to determine the accuracy of Nosler CC vs Sierra MKs. You must have data on how your bullets perform vs the competition in controlled tests. Just for instance how does your .224 CC 80gr. match up with the same Sierra bullet? Any other info would also be helpfull Thanks,, 10at6

I have Hart SS barrels on my .222Rem. Mag. and my .22-250, and a couple of .222Rem. with heavy chrome-moly barrels. All shoot very well, usually in the .2"s and .3"s. I started using 50 & 55gr. Balistic Tips last year and have been pleasantly surprised to find they shoot just as well as my Sierra 52gr. HPBT and 52gr Berger HPs. In fact the Nosler Balistic Tips are the only non hollow points I use, and they are indeed the equal of the hollow points. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Just wondered if you found the comparisons? Nosler 224 cc vs. Sierras?
How do the Nosler CC stack up?

NOSLER said:
I will see what I have laying around.

Will post once I find it.

So did you find it? Do you have or make compaisons? Do you follow this forum? Thanks

We have found that our Custom Competition bullets shoot on avg. the same or better...

Our quality control has been 2nd to none on this product.

iv''e shot nosler match 30 caliber bullets 168''s and 155''s before the name change, they were called J4-competition . they shot AUSOME,try em you''ll shoot more , regards jjmp

Shot my way to LR "high master" with .30 cal 155 grain Nosler comp bullets. They shoot at least as well as the Sierra 155 Palma in my experience.

Regards, Guy

g miner, CONGRAT''S and hats off 2 my friend, no small feet thats for sure, regards 2 all ..jjmp

Years ago...before the advent of the Sierra 155 gr. Palma bullet....since International comp required the use of this weight range, I had decided that the Nosler 150 gr. BT was what I was going to shoot! I had shot it extensively in my match rifles from 1000 yds. and it delivered EXCELLENT ACCURACY! Frankly....I don't think the Sierra Palma bullet STILL....has anything over the Nosler 150 BT. As for hunting....I've killed elk with it and they hit on their noses shortly after impact!! :lol:

Must be somethign about those 150g btips in 30 cal. I played with the combined technolgoy version in my 300 RUM. Load I settled on was 105g H-1000 which was good for 3650fps and .3"-.5" groups at 100 yards. First time I shot the load at 800 on a calm day it put 3 shots into 3.5". This was out of a Rem 700 LSS factory sporter. What more can you ask for??

NOSLER":22p0qdj4 said:
We have found that our Custom Competition bullets shoot on avg. the same or better...

Our quality control has been 2nd to none on this product.

What 1000 yard competitions have your 6.5 140's been used in? It was released feb/07 and I can't find anybody using them?

thanks
jk

Back