Nosler's Bonded Performance 64 Grain Solid Base bullet performance on game?

Darryle

Beginner
Aug 19, 2020
Anyone tried these on game? I know they are designed/marketed for self/home defense, but I would think they would be great on game, whitetail, varmints and pigs at reasonable distances. More interested in the latter two, but here in Texas with our smaller whitetails, I think they would perform well, especially if properly placed.

Thanks

Well, at the bottom of that thread was several pictures of recovered bullets. Looks like an excellent candidate for the 223 Ackley or a future 22 ARC.

Thanks @Guy Miner

Yes, they are my preferred bullet for hogs when I’m carrying an AR. They punch hard, expand beautifully, and hold onto their weight. Look hard at Ramshot TAC. I bet they’d be wicked in one of the fast 22’s

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpeg
    IMG_0560.jpeg
    850.8 KB · Views: 7
I also ordered 4 boxes of the blems for future loading.

Pigs and deer are the intended target in a 16" AR and a Browning X-Bolt with a 8 twist that I want to have converted to a 223 Ackley.

Thanks everyone, the bullet looks like it punches way above it's pay grade.

Found these locally, picked up a box. I have read about issues with the pistol ammo, but nothing on the rifle ammo. I have also read the posts about the company sending a million rounds to Ukraine.

I am hesitant to try these in my AR, since they are listed as being 200fps faster than the Nosler factory loaded ammunition.

I will run it thru my bolt rifle to look for pressure signs. At sub $20 a box it might be OK. It has Ammo Inc headstamped brass.

IMG_2542.jpeg
IMG_2545.jpeg

Nosler’s load data will get you close to 3000fps at 223 Rem pressure.

Well, good news is a have a couple of lbs each of the TAC and H4895, bad news is both barrels are way shorter than 24".

We'll have to see where I can get, once I receive the bullets from SPS. I don't really care about velocity as much as accuracy, because I won't use them past 300yds, if my math was right, that will be the 1800fps cutoff.

Does anyone know what Nosler minimum velocity recommends for reliable expansion?

Back