ok guys, big $hit going on

Ridge_Runner

Handloader
Sep 29, 2006
since 1984 I haave loaded thousands upon thousands of rounds weighing out each charge on an AMT autoscale, it is now on its last leg. I have to set the scale at .13 gr. less thaan my desired charge in order to get an accurate charge. my question is what is the best trouble free electronic scale out there. gotta look into upgrading. If I could buy another autoscale today it would be my choice but they are like me obsolete. what say yee?

If you are not on a tight budget, the A&D FX120i is great. I use it as a secondary scale next to my ChargeMaster. Measures by the hundredth of a grain. I really like it.

the A&D FX120i is a good scale . I don't think I've heard of any complaints on this scale . you can check around on price , but it was cheaper to buy from these guys . there was a discount code the guys were using , not sure if it's still that way .

for a little education on scales watch this video .

I use my RCBS ChareMaster for initial throws (so to speak) then double check them on my Gempro250, which unfortunately is no longer available.

thats what I am going to miss about my autoscale, it was a powder dispenser with a balance beam, you could visibly check the zero on the beam after the charge was weighed. as long as the hopper level was kept aabout the same, it always threw charges right on the money. Am having problems with small charges of lever a very fine powder. When I load 338 Edge next week and start measuring 90+ grain charges of H1000 we will see how that goes. never used fine powders like H leverevolution in it before

Last edited:
I’ve had a FX-120i for two years. Responds to a single grain of Varget, 4831SC and does not drift. Settles rapidly while trickling. Put a good power conditioner/ surge protector on it.

Had a Gempro 250 until it croaked. Grizzly had a $40 electronic scale That stood head and shoulders above the Gempro. I got one of those to fill the gap until I decided to leap for the FX-120i.

have looked at the RCBS matchmaster, has the 2 feeder tubes like my autoscale but at 900 bucks thats a bit much, thinking about the hornady, has good reviews from what I have saw.

My RCBS ChargeMaster has never let me down.

This would be my choice if I wanted a scale only.
Adam McDonald has a kit for the FX120i scale , that turns it into a automatic measure . but once again , your pockets must be deep . I see he's up to series 4 .

I've had the scale for quite a while , but I don't have any of the really cool accessory stuff . area 419 also makes accessories for the FX scale

Adam McDonald has a kit for the FX120i scale , that turns it into a automatic measure . but once again , your pockets must be deep . I see he's up to series 4 .

I've had the scale for quite a while , but I don't have any of the really cool accessory stuff . area 419 also makes accessories for the FX scale
This is the single best piece of equipment I've ever owned for reloading.
I have the V3. I wish I could have bought one 20 years ago.

I have a V4 and they are pretty cool. Definitely expensive but way faster and more accurate.
I watched some videos on the V4 last night and it seemed to be some work changing over to different powders. Is it just simply drain one out and add another or is there some programming to do also?
It sure does make the 1500 look outdated by the speed it has.

I have only used a few powders in mine, I shoot mostly magnums and slow powders like R-26, H-1000, and N-570, but it has been easy. You might have to play with the speed a bit to get the measurement correct if your going for max speed with each powder. If you slow it down a bit it seems easier. It's nice to be seating a bullet when it's dropping the next charge to the .XX grain. The app is pretty easy.

If you are not on a tight budget, the A&D FX120i is great. I use it as a secondary scale next to my ChargeMaster. Measures by the hundredth of a grain. I really like it.
It is a wicked scale, especially when paired with the SuperTrickler!

Back