on-X

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
Hi Guys , I'm looking at onX . I'll mainly be using it for marking locations of cameras , and traps so I don't loose track of them . is there something else to look at ? are you satisfied with it ? is it easy to use ? easy to add or remove waypoints ?

I've used Garmine GPS's for many years , so I'm not completely ignorant to this stuff . thanks for your help .

I've been using onx for 5 or 6 years now. It would work good to mark your traps and cameras. There is a tracking feature, I use that is see how far I've walked and the trail that I used. I use it to see were private land and public land borders. I've been using it lately for pheasant hunting, marking way points where I've see birds and to find the properties I can hunt. It shows the land owners name with their tax mailing address and how many acres the parcel is. There is a line distance feature, that will tell you how far from one point to another. I've used this to see how it was from where I was sitting to where my antelope dropped. I'm not very tech savvy, but I figured out how to use it pretty quickly. Easy to add and delete way points.
In the RMEF magazine they had an add to get a discount, I don't if they still run the add.

20% off with code RMEF if you buy it.

I buy the Elite version (all states) as I visit more than two on a routine basis.
It's also great for looking up property owners anywhere.

FYI my cell trail cameras have a free app that will map out their location. Yours might too?

thanks Fellas , I'm going to get it and give it a try . I'm having no luck with my GPS's holding up . they must not riding around in the side by side .

I've used it for quite a few years too. This year I used it more than normally because of the units we hunted but just having the landowner info is helpful at times. I get the 50 state version as well since I typically hunt out of state. I get it for 60 bucks through Guidefitter. It's a site for first responders and people in the industry.

I like it better than my Garmin gps. There is a monthly fee so prepare according. Shows borders and boundaries which was a life saver during the hunts. I have a bunch of trail cams and treestand locations marked on mine and it has been very simple/accurate to use

Back