Other than pictures of my family, this one is my favorite.

mtwarych

Beginner
Sep 2, 2013
If you look toward the upper left of the picture, you will see a white dot. To the left of the spot, you will see me sitting in the rocks and boulders.

I thought that the noise I was hearing were turkeys moving to their roost trees. Imagine my surprise when the young lady walked by me at a distance of about 4 and a half to five feet.

Attachments

• Mountain lion picture.JPG
    Mountain lion picture.JPG
    602.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Very neat! They are intimidating creatures when witnessed in the wild.

Wow! I'd be more than a little nervous to find myself that close to one of those. We had one walk through the green belt right behind our house the last place I lived. My Mom spotted it and wasn't quite sure what she was seeing and just kept yelling, "That is not a dog! That is not a dog!" It certainly wasn't!

That's an awesome photograph. I had two sub-adults run across the road in front of me last fall elk hunting in northeastern Oregon last October. It happened so fast that I didn't have a chance to snap a photo. It was something special to experience.

Great picture and experience. They sure are powerful looking animals. I have a couple on the game camera in the canyon about 100 yards from our house, but that's definitely different from having one walk right by you.

Thank you everybody, the split moment the trail cam caught is the reason I enjoy the out of doors.

Mother nature will always provide something new and exciting. I learn something everytime I go out there.

Thank you all.

Back