Pa deer season

jezzolo

Handloader
Nov 14, 2005
Well it's been rough this first week, missed a doe. Only seen 3 deer this week. Here is a picture of me in the stand. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    676.6 KB · Views: 1,408
I wore the same hat last week when I killed my doe in MD but we didn't have snow.
I hope your warm.

Man, it looks nice there. Makes me homesick for some more snow. :roll: I will say this, you're out there, and that is where the deer will be. In a recent survey of deer hunters, I read that seven out of ten held the opinion that they were more likely to shoot a buck in the woods than in their living room. I dunno! :mrgreen: We're pulling for you.

I probably couldn't function in that much snow lol. Down here in Mississippi we on get a decent snow that sticks about every two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland48":2pdlby4t said:
I probably couldn't function in that much snow lol. Down here in Mississippi we on get a decent snow that sticks about every two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like summer up here! :?

Jezzolo,

Dr.Mike is correct. The deer are outside and that is where you need to be to find them. Hang in there and keep trying. If possible, adjust your hunts to account for the wind direction and weather conditions. Good luck. Dan

Another day of freezing my a$$ off and not seeing anything... Last day is tomorrow.. Wish me luck.. lol

Attachments

• 20161209_091029.jpg
    20161209_091029.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,293
Good luck! I'll have my daughter out tomorrow morning to give it one last try.

I used my buck tag in bow season, but still need a couple does to keep all the monkeys in our zoo fed properly....so I'll be after them again in flintlock season.

Do you hunt with the flintlock?

Well the final bell has rung for me,, no deer in the freezer this winter. Here's to next year...

what part of the state were you hunting?

I only got to hunt the first day of deer season since I came down from NY for bear season, between my wife & customers I can't swing as much PA deer as i'd like but it is what it is. hunting 4D close to tyrone saw a bunch of does the first day and a few bucks but I spooked the only buck that may have been legal.

tim629":38ydhvas said:

I only got to hunt the first day of deer season since I came down from NY for bear season, between my wife & customers I can't swing as much PA deer as i'd like but it is what it is. hunting 4D close to tyrone saw a bunch of does the first day and a few bucks but I spooked the only buck that may have been legal.

Tyrone is about 15 miles away from my house .

jimbires":2hl2rf5v said:
tim629":2hl2rf5v said:

I've driven all over that part of PA when I had my truck. Some great looking country and just north of you is Elk county.
Saw some really nice Bull Elk up around St Mary's last year when the wife and I was fooling around on a weekend looking for them.

truck driver":27ylv9ta said:
jimbires":27ylv9ta said:
tim629":27ylv9ta said:

I've driven all over that part of PA when I had my truck. Some great looking country and just north of you is Elk county.
Saw some really nice Bull Elk up around St Mary's last year when the wife and I was fooling around on a weekend looking for them.

I live in Philipsburg . it is really a nice area , around central Pa .

I'm in mckean county. About elk county. Did you stop into elk county ammo and arms while you where in st Mary's?

No I didn't since we spent most of our time driving around looking for Elk and Stayed over night in St Mary's before driving home.

Back