Pay It Forward

Sent my knives off to 6mm Remington for a free sharpening and just got them back! I don't know if they even came that sharp from the factory! The edges look like they were sharpened by a computer controlled machine they look so perfect. David was nice enough to send a band aid with it!

Thanks David!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8,830
Palouser":3i8e000d said:
Sent my knives off to 6mm Remington for a free sharpening and just got them back! I don't know if they even came that sharp from the factory! The edges look like they were sharpened by a computer controlled machine they look so perfect. David was nice enough to send a band aid with it!

Thanks David!
And I called your Schrade a Gerber. Probably hurt it's feelings. Glad you are happy with the job Todd. (y)

Todd I don't believe they were this sharp right from the factory! :lol: They were not! You might need the band aid. I've had to use a few since I started sharpening these darn things. Oh, a couple stitches here and there also! :shock:

My wife thinks we all are a bit goofy on this site, but I've sure met some nice people here, nothing but. Palouser (Todd) was in town with his wife & family today and I met up with them to give him that 270 Winchester barrel I put out there as a Pay It Forward item. Found out that Todd is planning on locating a left hand Winchester Model 70 action and putting this barrel on it for his son for his future hunting rifle. I cannot think of a better use for it and it made me feel really good that it was going to be used as he indicated. Outstanding!

I also ended up with some fresh home-made German sausage and some zippy sauce to go along with it! I think I came out ahead on this deal! :grin:

I agree gents. This is a good site with good people.

All of my interactions on this site have been nothing but pleasant and that's something I cannot say for every site that I have been on.

FJ

Huge thanks to Hegland (Justin) He knows about this .280 AI build and had some .284 Partitions he no longer has a rifle for. Out of the blue he just shot me a PM and wanted to know if I would be interested in to see if they would work in my rifle. Heck yeah!! (y) I just had a package show up at my door today and just want to say thanks to Todd. I really appreciate it. I'm hoping in just a couple days the rifle will be in my hands.

Great group of folks here. Thanks to all.
David

6mm Remington":3cjoamfv said:
Huge thanks to Hegland (Justin) He knows about this .280 AI build and had some .284 Partitions he no longer has a rifle for. Out of the blue he just shot me a PM and wanted to know if I would be interested in to see if they would work in my rifle. Heck yeah!! (y) I just had a package show up at my door today and just want to say thanks to Todd. I really appreciate it. I'm hoping in just a couple days the rifle will be in my hands.

Great group of folks here. Thanks to all.
David

Man, I would have built a 280 if I knew Justin was giving out Partitions! :lol:

Awesome show. This place is cool..

SJB358":2jhclugv said:

Build the rifle, dude. I'll get a box of PTs in the mail. Matter of fact, I'll send a box of .308 PTs as well, so you can finally go get a .30-06! :grin:

David, keep us posted on your progress.

Hegland":19ht3bad said:
SJB358":19ht3bad said:

Build the rifle, dude. I'll get a box of PTs in the mail. Matter of fact, I'll send a box of .308 PTs as well, so you can finally go get a .30-06! :grin:

Excellent repartee. Touché! Well played, my good man. :grin:

Geez free partitions I have a really new 280AI would that count :lol:!
I have said it many times before best site on the internet (y)!

Blessings,
Dan

Hegland":vofdq9m4 said:
SJB358":vofdq9m4 said:

David, keep us posted on your progress.

Man, a 30-06? Do I have too.......... :lol:

One day you'll cave, Scotty. Hey, the 30-06 predates the 7mm Mashburn and the 35 Newton! You're into the old cartridges. :wink:

DrMike":shrvepwy said:
One day you'll cave, Scotty. Hey, the 30-06 predates the 7mm Mashburn and the 35 Newton! You're into the old cartridges. :wink:
Yep he's weakening, I can tell! :mrgreen: :lol:

6mm Remington":hmg0g500 said:
DrMike":hmg0g500 said:

HA! I have not yet begun to fight!

SJB358":1n0ns19k said:
6mm Remington":1n0ns19k said:
DrMike":1n0ns19k said:

HA! I have not yet begun to fight!
I know that the Marines rely on the Navy for transportation and John Paul Jones had Marines on his ship but I don't think you were there. :lol:

DrMike":23dq7op7 said:
Scotty only likes old cartridges that are obsolete and he can't walk into a Walmart and buy ammo over the counter for. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

You know it buddy. I sorta like the older cartridges. Pretty fun to break them back out with today's bullets, powder and brass.

SJB358":3l443wgm said:
You know it buddy. I sorta like the older cartridges. Pretty fun to break them back out with today's bullets, powder and brass.
That's what we do with the 30-06 but we can still buy the ammo at Walmart. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: Just can't help myself. :lol:

Several years back (crsnm) I killed the white-tail buck of my lifetime.

With what?, a 30-06 Springfield O3-A3 as issued rifle.

Really?

A 30-06?

Then why do I have a safe full of all this other stuff?

The fine OLD 30-06, may it live on forever!

The 30-06 has aplomb and a certain je ne se que that is unmatched.

Somebody should pay me for saying that. I sound like a pretentious sod. :)

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back