Persistent Visitor

Yeah, he is quite content to stay in the neighbourhood. I've seen him nibbling at the shrubbery of a number of homes around here. He has definitely trimmed some of our trees and shrubs.

We actually enjoy them, Jim. Had some younguns hanging around last Fall. Haven't seen them yet this spring. There was a cow and two young this winter. It is pretty cool. No wolves in our neighbourhood, though I have found wolf spoor in the creek that runs near us.

Mike, I would have thought you would be calling him Lucky, as he is lucky it isn't moose season, and he is not where you could legally shoot him!:LOL:
And you need your lucky blue halter to tie him up until moose season...like you did your '07 whitetail.;)
Mike's 2007 Whitetail 002.JPG
Here'

Mike, I would have thought you would be calling him Lucky, as he is lucky it isn't moose season, and he is not where you could legally shoot him!:LOL:
And you need your lucky blue halter to tie him up until moose season...like you did your '07 whitetail.;)
View attachment 22323
Here'
Wow! I'm surprised you still have that picture available. Gil, that was a great day. You and Stacy certainly made for fun that day. And that lucky whitetail provided some fine dining! The moose could have been named "Lucky," lucky in addition to the date because we are in town and the city certainly doesn't tolerate people torching off rounds in the city. Consequently we did have twin bulls hanging around last fall.

View attachment 22323
Here'
That's a great buck Mike, congratulations.

JD338

Wow! I'm surprised you still have that picture available. Gil, that was a great day. You and Stacy certainly made for fun that day. And that lucky whitetail provided some fine dining! The moose could have been named "Lucky," lucky in addition to the date because we are in town and the city certainly doesn't tolerate people torching off rounds in the city. Consequently we did have twin bulls hanging around last fall.
You never get rid of the memories! Especially those that make you laugh and remember those special moments!

So that’s how it’s done across the border😉
Yep!
Although we will admit the days of tying up your deer until hunting season are sadly in the rearview mirror, as the numbers are down from what they once were....:cry:
Although we did have to take his rifle away until deer season!;)
We didn't tell him it was because we didn't want him to go to jail for poaching...we told him it was because we had to fatten the deer up on grain so he would be tastier! With Mike it is easier to appeal to his taste buds! :LOL:

Back