Pictures of my NCR07 280AI

ehagberg

Beginner
Oct 15, 2007
Took some pictures today, the palm swell is very nice, the wood is nicely figured and as evidenced by the three shot group it's a shooter. I'm now spoiled!!
IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0317-1.jpg

Sweet mother of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Nosler builds a nice rifle. Love that wood.
I was shooting my NCR 280ai the other day at a target with multiple bulls eyes. I was aiming at one that close to the edge of the paper. The first shot hit where I aimed but the following shots seemed to be off target until I took the fourth and noticed the hole was getting a little bigger. :grin: It's nice to have a rifle that shoots as good as it looks and yours is no exception
Congratulations.
I like your scope covers. Do they screw on?
Where did you get them and if you don't mind how much were they?

Very nice stock.

Has the cartridge been standardized by SAAMI yet?

Can we buy factory 280AI ammo?

Outstanding group and on top of that a beautiful, yes beautiful rifle. Really very nice. Great wood to boot. That group and that Nosler custom rifle's accuracy is indicative of a smooth bore and concentricity (How centered is the bore in the barrel) was perfect along with uniform depth/width of grooves, uniform height/width of lands, and the amount of lands/grooves. Not only that but stress was relieved correctly in the barrel after cutting the rifling along with how the rifling was cut and how centered is the crown which is apparent that it was certainly done right. You know how even the leade-cut is to have that consistency. So when Nosler cut the chamber, the head of the reamer cuts the leade( distance between the Ogive of the bullet and the rifling) they had everything right. :lol:

Savage99
I believe the cartrige has been standardized.
Nosler sells 280AI ammo.

What a beautiful stock on a beautiful shooting rifle. Are those leupold scope caps? What a gun. Envy

The scope caps are Leupold, they run about $40. Cabela's and Midway have them. If you have a Cabela's store near you look for them in the bargain cave (about half price), as there is a lot of them returned after being opened. I think a lot of people can't figure out how to put them on. You do not have to take the scope off to install as you would first think. Also some try them and they don't line up right so they send them back.

When putting the caps on first open the cover, on the inside there is a small knurled ring- line the cap up and screw it on with the knurled ring. It's easy. Although, I almost sent them back the first time I used them also. The directions for installation is not very clear.

They work well, open quickly and will lay flat against the scope.

ehagberg

Beautiful rifle, congratulations.
Excellent group! What load are you shooting?

JD338

That group was shot with Nosler's custom ammo. Out of the my NCR it averages 3091. My break in load was 58.5 gr. of 4831 with 140 gr Balestic tips. Most groups have hovering around +/-.5 in.

ehagberg":16ax19a7 said:
That group was shot with Nosler's custom ammo. Out of the my NCR it averages 3091. My break in load was 58.5 gr. of 4831 with 140 gr Balestic tips. Most groups have hovering around +/-.5 in.

140 gr AB or 160 gr AB?

JD338

Looks great! I'm glad you're happy with it. The guys are working their tails off back there to make the best product possible. I'll pass off the praise to them. :grin:

Man, I would like one of those Nosler custom 280AI but with the a Kevlar stock like the Model 48. If they had one like that I would buy one.

I am just SOOO jealous!!! Pretty rifle great groups....and that is an understatement. CL

Sweet rifle!!!

The answer the forums questions with references...

1) "Is the 280AI standard SAAMI” Yes, it has become a SAAMI standardized rifle cartridge according to Chuck Hawks (pretty good reference).

2) "I'd buy one if they offered it in the Kevlar stock". According to Nosler's webpage, they do offer the 280AI in the Model 48.

Again, SWEET rifle!!!! Congrats...

Back