Plano 1312 Field Boxes.....

Mortis

Handloader
Aug 3, 2012
Being a Jarhead.... I kinda like ammo cans.... especially those full of rock and roll.

A couple years ago I started looking for the smaller GI ammo cans to haul to the range cause the standard ammo cans are large and bulky.

I have been using the MTM Dry Boxes also for several years, but again size.

Another thing I was wanting was the ability to store in a small area.

A couple years ago I found the Plano 1312 Field Box at Academy Sports for $7.99 each. Decent price considering how much the MTM Dry boxes had climbed in price.

Then as luck would have it, Academy was sold out and we received a flyer in the Sunday Tulsa World newspaper from Attwood's Farm & Tractor. They had the 1312's for $4.99.

Others got there before me, but I bought out 2 stores of their remaining stock.

Then looking on the internut, I found another source.

http://www.ruralking.com/plano-molding- ... green.html

Now they do not look like much....and even when handling they seem weak........BUT these puppies will hold 1000 loaded 155 grain 9mm's with room left over.

I ordered 11 from Rual King and paid less then $70.00 which included shipping.

DSCF0007.jpg

Here are a few, lined up on the counter behind the firing line at the range....opened for use.

And the photo below is of my ammo locker. It has been rearranged since this photo... two more shelves of field boxes.

DSCF0003.jpg

I'm keeping load ammo and unloaded brass in these now. Each box labeled for quick selection. Loaded ammo has a sticker inside showing load data for future reloading.

If by now you have not figured it out..... I like them and recommend them to those needing 'cans'.

runtohunt":19wdqvaz said:
Do they have a rubber gasket to keep moisture out?

Yes, they do....

sorry.... forgot to mention that little tidbit.

Back