Portable shooting bench

This is my portable bench. I can load it on my quad and take it just about anywhere. It is an old Craftsman Workmate that I put a piece of plywood on and painted. Surprisingly stable.

IMG_0253_zpsx2yhvrzl.jpg

I finished a new portable bench last week. It's made from 3 layers of 3/4" plywood. The legs are 11/4" pipe. The brackets I made from 1/4" x 5" bar stock and end caps for 11/4" pipe. I cut the end caps off at 15 degrees and welded them to the plates. I bolted the plates through two of the plys using T-nuts then glued and screwed the third layer on. That leaves an unblemished top. Finished the top off with three coats of polyurethane. This bench will fit in the back of any car I own.

[URL]
[URL=http://s946.photobucket.com/user/muleman_picts/media/IMG_0801.jpg.html]

This next one is very portable. Made from a surveyors tripod, some 3"x1/4" bar stock, a small piece of "C" channel and some other misc. hardware. It works surprising well. The sling locks the gun into the brace and the swing out arms support both elbows. The whole unit swivels in the horizontal and vertical and is stabilized by your own weight. It works well when you need to walk around. Throw your gun over your shoulder, your shooting gear goes in the bucket and carry the bucket in one hand and the tripod in the other. I use it walking around in alfalfa pivots chasing sage rats.

Wyo7200":399em32e said:
Sportsmans warehouse has one that folds up that you can buy. Don't know the name, or cost though.

Jeff I have looked into a few. Most (not all) are so flimsy and with the wind around here!!!!! Parkinson City at the range

Love that surveyors tripod idea Muleman!!!!

Going to keep my eye out for one at the auctions this summer! I could easily mount my RCBS RASS top on it and use that when driving in is not allowed or advisable.

Thanks for pics.

Had also looked at the Deadshot Chairpod for walk in's http://www.cabelas.com/product/caldwell ... =deadshot+

But pretty darn sure I can pick up a surveyor base on the cheap if I keep my eyes open. They are stout enough too!

(I will need a different bucket though lol, most of my ranch owners would pull my access card if they saw that one.)

Dewey , I like the seperated ammo holders . I'll have to work these into my next bench . Ha

Back