POWDER SELECTION

Slower powders in 264 Win Mag. Hodgdon H870 is no longer available, and that's left a pretty big hole in the selection of powders for the 264. The data in your manual for the 264 is pretty dated... other than the addition of RL22, it's been pretty unchanged for 15 or 20 years, and a BUNCH of great powders have become available in that time.

Any and all powders slower than the 4831, using the heavier weight 22 caliber bullets available,for the 60gr to 90gr, starting with the 22-250 case and going up to the largest wildcats, case capacities of 35grs up to 70grs.

At this time I am testing all these powders(one safe step at a time) using a 50 gr case cap, so far, with RL-22, this double necked & shoulder case, 22 cal (1x8" twist) will launch a 75gr Amax at 3600+fps with safe pressures, the rock chucks and other varmints are in big trouble, plus it doubles as a very good deer round under the right conditions.
"Speeds fine, but accuracy is final".
Don nvreloader

Perhaps you folks should consider doing what our friends at Hodgdon have done: create "annual" manuals emphasizing the powder choice requests not currently listed in your hard back manual.

Another vote for the clean burning, temperature insensitvie Ramshot powders.

Hello, I am new to this forum and would like to put in my 2 cents My vote goes to Ram-shots Hunter great powder. I use it for my 300 wsm.
Old timer

I would like to see RL-25 in the WSMs. I have had good results with RL-25 in my 270 WSM but data is hard to come by.

:grin: I spend enough money on Alliant powders that they should issue me stock options. Other than that I use alot of IMR and some Hodgden in my lever actions. :)

I'm a big fan of the Hodgdon powders. Particularly, I like "Benckmark" for 5.56 and .308, but I would love to see data for this powder in as many rifle cartridges as possible including 8x57mm.
Thanks for asking.

Data for any and all powders that can be used in a perticular caliber instead of just the most popular or the ones that gave the best results for you guys in the lab.You leave out alot of powders that can be used very well in alot of cailbers, such as IMR 3031&4064 for example.Also I would to see some data for use in the semi auto rifles like the BAR and Rem 7400.

Just my 2cents.

The VihtVouri N-550 and N-560.Ever time I used N-560,my load development ends.There not much fun in that,like ending the party at 8:30.It sure would be nice to have some guidence at SAAMI pressure levels.

I'd like to see more 2900+fps 150gr loads for the .308 winchester
And some slower 55 & 70gr loads for the .243 winchester (ya dont need hypervelocity for groundhogs less than 70yd away :p )

here here for load data for the H-380 for the 77 grain bullets! H-380 is a great powder for the .22 calibers, not only pours great, but super accurate in my .22-250. THANKS!!!

here here for load data for the H-380 for the 77 grain bullets! H-380 is a great powder for the .22 calibers, not only pours great, but super accurate in my .22-250. THANKS!!!

Back