Primer costs....very sad

ronc80":2n6lnz6v said:
highoctane":2n6lnz6v said:
Elkman":2n6lnz6v said:
Hopefully those here who are running short of components will remember these days when the prices once again drop to a more reasonable level. Then buy for the days and months ahead. It always happens when the hateful leftists come into power, and should come as no surprise.

This is exactly what I done after the last component shortage. When components became available I started buying. I have thousands upon thousands of primers, hundreds upon hundreds, if not thousands of bullets for my rifles and many, many pounds of powder. IMR 7828, Big Game, H414, Varget, RL-16, RL-22, Probably enough to last the rest of my life.

So your saying those of us in need can come over and go shopping? I'll be there in 10 min. Lol
I guess I picked a hard time to pick this hobby up. I started to a couple years ago but life got in the way. I am very thankful to be on here. Just in the last day I've have gotten a lot of help

LOL..I also found 3 lbs of Big Game powder at my local Sportsmans warehouse yesterday..

The real rip-off here is the the companies that manufacture and distribute primers received a big tax cut years about 3 years ago. They should have held prices steady for their loyal customers..... us shooters !

lhsako":6ppvspa9 said:
The real rip-off here is the the companies that manufacture and distribute primers received a big tax cut years about 3 years ago. They should have held prices steady for their loyal customers..... us shooters !
The manufacturers aren’t ripping anyone off. That’s reserved for the gunbroker maggots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbflyer":seu8f4hd said:
lhsako":seu8f4hd said:
The manufacturers aren’t ripping anyone off. That’s reserved for the gunbroker maggots.

Good point, but they got the tax break too....greedy!!!!! :evil:

Yesterday I paid 13.96 for 400 cci450 at a local store.

Paid 6.99 per 100 for CCI br4 a couple days before that at a different store.

Here the primers come in very rarely and are gone in minutes. That said I have still managed to grab about 5 thousand in the last couple months by checking the stores almost daily.

lhsako":13ai4hqc said:
gbflyer":13ai4hqc said:
lhsako":13ai4hqc said:

Tax breaks result in more employment opportunities, additional capitol made available for equipment to become more efficient, etc. Doesn’t get pocketed. As Churchill said “For a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

I suspect they have had modest price increases at the wholesale level. Cost of material and labor never goes down. Or inflation.

Recently I saw a somewhat local ad for a Winchester 70 .375 the fellow bought new in 1949. He still has the receipt. He paid $81 for it. That’s $1K and change today, about what a new blued FN Winchester 70 Alaskan will cost.

gbflyer":33qx5qtf said:
lhsako":33qx5qtf said:
gbflyer":33qx5qtf said:
lhsako":33qx5qtf said:

Tax breaks result in more employment opportunities, additional capitol made available for equipment to become more efficient, etc. Doesn’t get pocketed. As Churchill said “For a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

I suspect they have had modest price increases at the wholesale level. Cost of material and labor never goes down. Or inflation.

Recently I saw a somewhat local ad for a Winchester 70 .375 the fellow bought new in 1949. He still has the receipt. He paid $81 for it. That’s $1K and change today, about what a new blued FN Winchester 70 Alaskan will cost.
In theory that is the intent. This go around the tax break failed to achieve that end. Most of the money was reinvested into stock options,etc. Much of that benefits foreign investors. It was projected that it would add $4,000. To each families income. It has not.
>>Ironic that Churchill's last stint as prime minister was an economic failure. While he was the right man as a war time PM, the brits couldn't vote him out fast enough.
It is true that inflation is an unavoidable economic fact. We have to pay to play. Just glad those of of on this forum have such worries !

Even though they sell out before I can get any, I've noticed lately that more and more frequently folks are posting on the FB reloading page that various online retailers are getting them in stock, and then they're gone. So maybe the increasing frequency of them being available is an indication that things are soon going to level out..

hunter24605":m2b4491h said:
Even though they sell out before I can get any, I've noticed lately that more and more frequently folks are posting on the FB reloading page that various online retailers are getting them in stock, and then they're gone. So maybe the increasing frequency of them being available is an indication that things are soon going to level out..
God i hope so. I don't ever want to pay what I just did for 1000 primers. I new it was a disgusting price and I've never bought them before. I had to to try to get started doing this reloading thing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

While searching for RL15 i found a 5lb jug on gunbroker for $500 [emoji44]. Ive not got to the point of paying that yet lol. Hopefully everything will calm down soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There's no crazier prices I've seen anywhere than some of the money being exchanged on Gunbroker right now on all kinds of things. People have lost their minds. I'm setting pretty good for my needs but like anybody else I'd like to have more, but I'm not gonna pay anywhere close to those prices, and wont need to if I back off on my shooting.

Sure wish the hazmat fees were not in the mix. I have an unopened lb of RL26 I'm sure some would like to have and I'd gladly trade for powder I'd use quicker.

Back