QL help POP

CAhunter

Beginner
Sep 10, 2009
Hey POP. Was going to start loading for my 30-378 with 200gr Accubonds. Wondering what you thought about powders? I have RL 25, Retumbo, Ramshot Magnum, H1000 and a few others. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a winner to me. By chance do you remember OAL? I know weatherbys are real picky but just wondering what you set your to

106 grains of Retumbo = .5 in my Bee in a three shot average. I did get one sticky bolt but the brass was shot at least 5 times.

Can go wrong with Retumbo awesome powder for the big 30.

Thanks LT. What OAL were you using? Also I lived in coon rapids the first 5 years of my life before moving to CA. Was born in St. Paul.

The OAL I use is 3.68.......This is really a awesome load. Before this load I was using 180 grain partitons and H4831sc 98 to 99 grains.

laker

Thanks guys. Shot some groups last weekend and 106 sure was the ticket. Im going to play with OAL and see how tight I can get it. Shot about 3/4" group. POP what does QL say is the max load of retumbo for the 30-378 with 200gr AccuBond. I've heard retumbo really gains pressure when close to max. Thanks

Back