Ramshot Grand

Yep, I've got some 162 Nosler solid base but no 7828 to load them. Was hoping someone has done some work with this new powder.

Sounds like it's going to be a good powder.I think all the new versions of Ramshot powders are being made here in the USA by St Marks powder company in Florida.They used to be made in Belgium and said so on the labels.The labels are different now and does not have any country of origin on it.St Marks manufactures ball powders in the USA.This is from the 2024 Hodgdon Annual Manual.

Looking at the MSDS it could be a fast lot of Staball HD that Hodgdon decided to keep. Looks like a H1000, RL26ish burn range. It’s an interesting powder, but I have too much Staball HD (15lbs) and LRT(10lbs) to try another right now.
LRT gives great speed and accuracy with Berger 180’s. Sub moa and 3k velocities from 26” barrel with no pressure indications. The only thing I add is Tubbdust for copper fouling. It’s very slow burning. Haven’t did anything with the HD yet.

Looking at the MSDS it could be a fast lot of Staball HD that Hodgdon decided to keep. Looks like a H1000, RL26ish burn range. It’s an interesting powder, but I have too much Staball HD (15lbs) and LRT(10lbs) to try another right now.
LRT gives great speed and accuracy with Berger 180’s. Sub moa and 3k velocities from 26” barrel with no pressure indications. The only thing I add is Tubbdust for copper fouling. It’s very slow burning. Haven’t did anything with the HD yet.
I have some lrt to try also. Purposely bought for 264wm, but will give a go in 300wm and 338lm also. Since 243win uses magnum type powders I don't think lrt would be a good fit.

LRT is a pretty slow powder. Personally I think it would be better suited for heavy bullets in 6.5 and 7mm magnums. You’d probably need to be in the PRC or Ultra Mag class for it to perform well for a .30 caliber. Retumbo pressures out in my 7mm Rem Mags a few grains before LRT. I haven’t gotten any pressure signs with LRT yet but I’m not pushing 175-180’s harder because I just don’t think it is needed or prudent. Eurenco’s msds only shows 2 ingredients in the powder. So it’s pretty simple and clean. I add TebbDust for copper fouling.
Getting back to Ramshot Grand, to me it looks like a version of Staball for Ramshot. That being said, it most likely a great powder. Looks like a temp stable ball powder right around H1000 and RL26. I think it’s going to be a really great powder.

Last edited:
LRT is a pretty slow powder. Personally I think it would be better suited for heavy bullets in 6.5 and 7mm magnums. You’d probably need to be in the PRC or Ultra Mag class for it to perform well for a .30 caliber. Retumbo pressures out in my 7mm Rem Mags a few grains before LRT. I haven’t gotten any pressure signs with LRT yet but I’m not pushing 175-180’s harder because I just don’t think it is needed or prudent. Eurenco’s msds only shows 2 ingredients in the powder. So it’s pretty simple and clean. I add TebbDust for copper fouling.
Getting back to Ramshot Grand, to me it looks like a version of Staball for Ramshot. That being said, it most likely a great powder. Looks like a temp stable ball powder right around H1000 and RL26. I think it’s going to be a really great powder.
It's taking the top heavies to be useful and will be compressed.

They create a new powder but can't make Hunter, Big Game, or Magnum powders, Luckily I have enough of each for awhile. Other issue is if they start making all these powders here in US it will be good for future supply and jobs as well but likely the recipe will be changed so you'll likely have to make adjustments when reloading. Luckily I got most of my Ramshot 8lb jugs for under $200 before they were bought out.

They create a new powder but can't make Hunter, Big Game, or Magnum powders, Luckily I have enough of each for awhile. Other issue is if they start making all these powders here in US it will be good for future supply and jobs as well but likely the recipe will be changed so you'll likely have to make adjustments when reloading. Luckily I got most of my Ramshot 8lb jugs for under $200 before they were bought out.
I understand developing REACH compliant powders. The manufacturers have to abide by international environmental regulations when the product is marketed worldwide. That being said, pollution from smokeless powder doesn’t even amount to a grain of sand in the grand scheme of things. It’s a hot button topic politicians build their ridiculous careers on. Just my opinion on “meaningful environmental legislation”.

I understand developing REACH compliant powders. The manufacturers have to abide by international environmental regulations when the product is marketed worldwide. That being said, pollution from smokeless powder doesn’t even amount to a grain of sand in the grand scheme of things. It’s a hot button topic politicians build their ridiculous careers on. Just my opinion on “meaningful environmental legislation”.
As stringent as this country is about the environment, it doesn't make a dent compared to the other countries that have little to no epa regs.

Yes like when the Coast Guard would ticket boaters for any federal violations but were caught dumping their marine batteries in the Gulf of Mexico.

Back