Range day - 300 WM

boomer68

Handloader
Oct 23, 2006
Got out to the range to test some loads in my Winchester XPR and impressed with initial performance.

180gr E-Tip
71grs RL22
Hornady brass
CCI 250
3.300”
100yds

2b5f1a5e689100c92f3d8278c7493b35.jpg

Thanks guys. I got drawn for anterless moose and elk this season so quite happy using the E-Tip.

Tried the 200gr AB and it’s not too shabby either.

9915b23016cc89f215ae69a3d67fca20.jpg

Nice shooting, what is your velocity? I never tried the ETips on my 300 Win Mag, currently using the 180 Accubonds and RL-22.

TackDriver284":dhzphkyo said:
Nice shooting, what is your velocity? I never tried the ETips on my 300 Win Mag, currently using the 180 Accubonds and RL-22.

Didn’t chrono them, but plan on heading out again soon and will check velocity. This is the first time I’ve ever tried the E-Tip and won’t be the last!

You can't complain about either of those loads.. That 200 grain AccuBond is a wicked son of a gun on elk sized animals.. I am sure the ETip is good to, just never used them on game.

Those both look great. Nice job. How far off the lands are you seating the Etip? Thanks

BretN":bvah4vla said:
Those both look great. Nice job. How far off the lands are you seating the Etip? Thanks

I just seated them to Nosler’s recommended in their load data.

Nice work..I don't have any first hand experience with one, but there are several guys with XPR's at the local range, and so far all I've heard is good things about them.

hunter24605":xwcqsfan said:
Nice work..I don't have any first hand experience with one, but there are several guys with XPR's at the local range, and so far all I've heard is good things about them.

Yes, they seem to be getting quite good reviews. Never owned one before and so far very impressed.

Back