range results from the 7rm

dlove

Beginner
Feb 23, 2012
finally got a chance to shoot some test loads through the savage 7rem. either this rifle is amazing, this caliber is super easy to load for or I'm just lucky. this thing seems to like almost anything. now, I just have to decide which one to work on. it has a lot of potential. this is my first real load work on the 7. I was alternating between 4 rifles to let the barrels cool in the 90 degree heat.

View attachment IMG-20130622-00082.jpg

View attachment IMG-20130622-00083.jpg

View attachment IMG-20130622-00086.jpg

View attachment IMG-20130622-00085.jpg

View attachment IMG-20130622-00084.jpg

Great shooting! What a great bunch of groups. Great speeds on the 7 as well.

Decisions, decisions. At least, there are no poor choices in that lot. Fine dilemma.

That is some fine shooting:)!! Just wondering what are the load details for the 270win. That is very impressive.

Blessings,
Dan

thanks guys. reading this site (and taking yall's advice) makes loading much easier.

OU812":uvy3j7fo said:
Looks like you a few winners to choose from, good shooting.

DrMike":uvy3j7fo said:
Decisions, decisions. At least, there are no poor choices in that lot. Fine dilemma.

...and I still haven't shot 150s with RL22. the good news is: load work is FUN! the 7rm is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I love a rifle with enough recoil to let you know it went off.

sask boy":uvy3j7fo said:
Just wondering what are the load details for the 270win.

that one is a nosler 130bt over 61.3gr of H4831 with fed 210M primers and RP brass. it shoots 3030fps almost every shot. rifle is a marlin XL7S with a nikon monarch 3.5-10x50 UCC. its not a fast load but I like the way it shoots.

dlove,

Nice shooting there.
I looks to me that your 7mm RM is almost there. Start seating the bullet deeper by 1/4 turns on the seating plunger (.005") and you should be able to walk that 2 in 1 out group into a tighter one. Nothing wrong with what you already have, you are ready to go hunt.
You found Utopia with the 270 Win. :)

JD338

Savage, the never appreciated as much as it should be, rifle manufacturer. Those are great loads and pretty nice trigger skills there.

Another happy Marlin XL/XS-7 owner too. I have yet to see or hear about a dissatisfied owner. That .270 load is perfect. Both accuracy and velocity wise. You're not missing out on anything that any more velocity would provide.

CatskillCrawler":2qp53iw4 said:
Savage, the never appreciated as much as it should be, rifle manufacturer. Those are great loads and pretty nice trigger skills there.

Another happy Marlin XL/XS-7 owner too. I have yet to see or hear about a dissatisfied owner. That .270 load is perfect. Both accuracy and velocity wise. You're not missing out on anything that any more velocity would provide.
Yep yep.

I'm digging that 150s @ 3100.... I don't think there's much on this continent I'd hesitate to point that load at.

Back