Redding competition shell holders

Redding's holder reference guide all show #1 for 270win, 243win and 30-06. All of my cartridges show the same # (1).

Actually the rims are the right diameter but... different thicknesses.

The recess between the rim and taper isn’t wide enough and the taper above the recess isn’t high enough to slip in the groove of the holder. Remington brass is fine, but Winchester and LC isn’t.
The case to the right is a Remington case, the one to the left is a Lake City. Expand it to see it better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
That's interesting you are having so many issues with easy brass. Those Redding shellholders must be pretty tight.

They do seem like a great idea though as Jim laid them out. Pretty handy if you have a couple rifles of the same cartridge. I usually just get a second set of dies, but the Redding shellholders is definitely a better way to fly. My problem is I use my Forster most of the time.

That's interesting you are having so many issues with easy brass. Those Redding shellholders must be pretty tight.

They do seem like a great idea though as Jim laid them out. Pretty handy if you have a couple rifles of the same cartridge. I usually just get a second set of dies, but the Redding shellholders is definitely a better way to fly. My problem is I use my Forster most of the time.
Thats what redding just told me, a little tight yes. Remington rims a not as thick as WInchester or LC Don't know why they just can't make the slot standard. the slot has nothing to do with the height changes

Thats what redding just told me, a little tight yes. Remington rims a not as thick as WInchester or LC Don't know why they just can't make the slot standard. the slot has nothing to do with the height changes
Does seem odd they aren't standard.

Does seem odd they aren't standard.
Just had a chat with them on the phone. A Jay Davis wound up hanging up on me after giving him an earful. I called back and spoke with a manager, and he said the same thing send them back. I said... nope ! I had enough of the BS with these reloading companies, I told them I would make a video of the problem. Not good enough. Hornady are another bunch of clowns with thier concentricity tool. I sent a rep a video.... what couldn't he see what I didn't ? I even went round and round with a manager and he assure me they checked it over. I had to have neck spindles made to make it work to stop blaming my dies. I sent it back for them to send another unit that was just as worse as the first. What's screwed up about this was the case head spindle is really tight. so why couldn't they make the neck/bullet spindle the same way ?? Why does other companies cater and some others don't ?

What are you expecting , they pay you to keep them?

Really? They made me custom seating stems for their competitor’s bullets.
Both of these companies have outstanding customer service.
Any company that handles Themselves this way really doesn’t care about thier customers. Vortex, Leupold, RCBS, LYMAN are examples of great customer service who make up for faulty equipment ! Example, RCBS bad bullet pulling collets, they wanted to see the collets, l said too late l polished them, as a courtesy l asked for a press handle for an old Rock Chucker. I got it. I don’t need to cover Vortex or Loupold. Lyman gave me a deal on the newest turret press WITHOUT me sending back my Tmag which by the way was at least 10+ years old. Anything else ?

Back