Redding neck bushing for new Nosler 280 Ackley brass

Best would be to get a piece of loaded brass and measure it with your micrometer. Subtract 0.001 - 0.003 depending on your preference.

I’d bet you will need one between 0.309 and 0.311.

Can't give a direct answer as I'm not using a Redding, but I would second what JoelK wrote.

I'm using a Lee Collet Die, standard mandrel provides about 0.002 neck tension and works well for me. Best groups using 160 grain Accubonds were with extremely low tension... Work hardened brass that held just enough tension to keep bullets from sliding down, but any pressure would change the bullet position in the case. So single loads and no practical use - holds a 3" plate at 500 yards though when I call the wind right...

fremont":mbmxnf6m said:
For you 280ai shooters, what bushing size has worked if you're using new Nosler brass?

I'm little late. I use .311 bushing and inside is .281. Some may like little more or some like little less. I do clean up necks and most neck thickness varies .001". I measure 4 places on neck so I can get high/low and not using current brass, mine few years old. I had Wilson seater made from chamber reamer.

Back