Reloader 16 and 23 at Natchezss

A place here that always has good prices on powder has 8 lbs for $430. So their normally good prices does not apply to RL-16. Yet they have 8 lbs of RL-25 and RL-19 for $270. That is better priced than IMR & Hodgdon powder that they have in things like 4350 & 4831.
RL25 and rl19 do not come in 8lb. They're 5lb jugs.

A place here that always has good prices on powder has 8 lbs for $430. So their normally good prices does not apply to RL-16. Yet they have 8 lbs of RL-25 and RL-19 for $270. That is better priced than IMR & Hodgdon powder that they have in things like 4350 & 4831.
That's almost worth the trip to PA.

JD338

JD338

His store has 8lb of rl16 ;
$430 ÷8 = $53.75 per lb.

Rl25 and rl19 are only in 5lb jugs.
$270 ÷ 5 = $54 per lb.

Just wanted to make this clear before you go on a road trip for 8lb of rl25 and19.

Good catch. They always show both powders they carry in 1 lb cans and 8 lb jugs. I never bought either of those 2 powders so didn't look closely that it's only listed as 5 lbs. That changes things.
More than a few people have been coughed off guard by the difference.

Ask me how I know ;).

JD338

That's a shop I can drive to, but is not local. But I've gotten powder there already. The local shops that are my favorite and where I've gotten the bulk of primers and powder, most don't even have a website and if you were ever there you'd understand why. Oh, and if you're not from the area you should really wear a shirt stating you did not vote for biden. Otherwise I'd not be responsible for the outcome. :D

More than a few people have been coughed off guard by the difference.

Ask me how I know ;).

I'd do more than cough if I bought 5 lbs thinking it was 8. :D I can get powder local that is so close it's not typically worth the difference in price for the drive, but occasionally they have powder my local shops do not.

They most definitely did not have bricks of LR and LR magnum primers available though like the 1 shop here local did for over a yr during the peak of the unobtainable primer crisis. That shop was a lifesaver. I'd buy every time they called and offered me more. The prices were a steal at the time considering, and they still are.

His store has 8lb of rl16 ;
$430 ÷8 = $53.75 per lb.

Rl25 and rl19 are only in 5lb jugs.
$270 ÷ 5 = $54 per lb.

Just wanted to make this clear before you go on a road trip for 8lb of rl25 and19.
The older Alliant RL are the ones available in 5lb. RL-7,10x,15,19,22,25.

I have heartburn paying north of $50 a pound for anything but Vihtavouri 500 series powders. With Vihtavouri you get what you pay for, with some others you pay for whatever they decide to bless us with.
EDIT: RL powders are great powders, I use and love many(22,23,25,26). They are however NOT in my opinion near VV‘s equal in any way, with maybe the exception of RL23. Lot to lot consistency of the prior brand embarrasses the latter most times.

Last edited:

The 8lbers have been in stock for a couple of days now. I don’t know if the price is scaring people away.

Has anyone seen any RL-22 available? My stock of that is totally depleted.
I found some in a out of the way shop in VA. The price was bad, but I bought a lb. just because I hadn't seen any for a while and didn't want the trip to be a total waste. Dan.

The 8lbers have been in stock for a couple of days now. I don’t know if the price is scaring people away.
I'm guessing the demand is dropping off on that powder , it's been showing up often lately .

Just checked and N570 8lbers are still available , that’s crazy for this many days. Too bad Fed 215 can’t stay in stock this long.

Back