reloading nickel-plated case

Never had any problems but quit using it because of problems you heard about??? I never had any problems with it so continue to use it. Keep the brass clean, regular and nickel, and you won't have any problems. I have ruined two dies but both were with regular brass that I had not cleaned. I have heard all the stories about ruining dies, cutting tools, etc. but have yet to see it happen. Trimmed 800 nickel 38 Special cases at one sitting and still use the same trimmer and chamfer tool.Rick.

I have used them for years, in 308 Win, 30-06, 7mm Mag and 338 Win and had no problems with FC Nickle and WW nickle cases.

When I first started using some I ordered some Midway bulk R-P Remington Brass Nickle and after reloading them they started to flake. I will not use Rem nickle or Brass.

I have had no problem with Federal or winchester.....I think the Federal Nickle cases is best of the two......but use both!

I like plated brass in straight-walled pistol brass but I think that the plating process makes the brass more brittle and thsu shortens the life span. I have been using 7-30 Federal Nickel brass that hasn't lasted over 6 or 8 loads but I have same in regular brass that ( with annealing) 15 or 20 loads isn't unheard of!.

Back