Remington 700 - Action screw torque...

afsenior

Beginner
Oct 4, 2007
Can anyone tell me the proper torque specifications for the Rem 700 BDL in 7mm Mag? I just finished a pillar and acraglas bedding project on the rifle so I thought I should put the action screws back in it according to some spec other than "swag".
Thanks folks, GREAT FORUM !!!
Art :p

The paperwork included with my Wheeler Engineering FAT torque wrench recommends up to 65 inch-lbs for wood, fiberglass, or synthetic stock with bedding pillars.

Thank you gentlemen,
Since I posted the question, I logged on to the Remington web site and looked at the Q & A part of the Support page. There we find the following:

Question
What are the torque dimensions when tightening the guard screws on a Model 700?

Answer
Synthetic & wood stocks should be hand tight, which is 30 to no more than 35 inch pounds. The Sendero & Police stocks are tightened to 45 inch pounds from the factory.

If what they state is appropriate for actions that are NOT pillared and glassed, then I would think that a higher setting is required for one that is.
Many thanks to you,
Art

R Flowers":g6gwr1mu said:
The paperwork included with my Wheeler Engineering FAT torque wrench recommends up to 65 inch-lbs for wood, fiberglass, or synthetic stock with bedding pillars.

How do you like this torque wrench? I need one and this one looks very good and economical for as little as I will use it. Anyone else have any opinions on it?

I like the Wheeler torque wrench just fine. It is very easy to adjust and seems to work fine. When I got mine I found I had been over tightening a lot of things. I broke down and bought the Wheeler 89 piece screw driver set to go with it, and now there is not much I cannot take apart of put together.

RFlower- I read the reviews of this torque wrench a while ago on Midway. Do you have any trouble with the bits falling out when you are using it or has this been fixed?

They must have fixed the problem as I have not had that occur. I bought my dad one and a friend has one as well, I have not heard either one of them complain.

Back