Remington 700 trigger

Wincheringen

Handloader
Jan 10, 2012
My new Remington has a junk trigger and worst of all it is inconsistent in pull weight. My gunsmith likes and sells Trigger Tech triggers. I've also been looking at the Timney two stage. What do you guys like?

`I've got a timney in one rifle , and a jewel in another rifle . I also have 2 rem 700's with worked over factory triggers . these are all nice triggers . the big advantage of the two replacement triggers are they are easy to adjust .

Timneys are great, especially if you look around and find a good price on one. I have them on almost all of my Vanguards.

Jewells are exquisite, but for the price they'd better be. My shooting partner has them on his McWhorters.

I'm hoping to pick up a Timney Calvin Elite for 1 if not two of my rifles to see if they match the Jewell at a lower price.

I'm pretty used to the two stage Ruger trigger and I like those. The Trigger Tech has a roller bearing so it's supposed to be quite smooth. My gunsmith sells them for $165 so it's priced along with the Timney. I've used other Timneys and I like them. I think I'm going to try the Trigger Tech with the two stage Timney as a backup plan.

I've not replaced a lot of triggers but the ones I have were timneys and they were literally "drop in and shoot."

You don't always get that lucky. I think if you're going to have a smith do it for you then just go with what he can get you the best job done for.

Good luck!

Dale

I didn't think I paid that much for my timney, but I could have . this is about the best price I've found on jewel triggers , free shipping too . if he has it , and you want it , order fast . he sells out quickly .

https://greatscottshooters.com/

Wincheringen":29eebyxa said:
I'm pretty used to the two stage Ruger trigger and I like those. The Trigger Tech has a roller bearing so it's supposed to be quite smooth. My gunsmith sells them for $165 so it's priced along with the Timney. I've used other Timneys and I like them. I think I'm going to try the Trigger Tech with the two stage Timney as a backup plan.

You can get Timneys for about $100 if you look a bit or are patiently waiting for a MidwayUSA sale. A few seconds on Google and I found it at $112.

Dr. Vette":rwz8jlfg said:
Wincheringen":rwz8jlfg said:

You can get Timneys for about $100 if you look a bit or are patiently waiting for a MidwayUSA sale. A few seconds on Google and I found it at $112.

that's more like the price I was thinking I paid .

My Remington rifles all carry the older style "Walker" trigger. They've all been adjusted to 2 1/2 lbs. and work great. I've heard that the new triggers are scrap yard material.

My gunsmith won't work on the new ones. He says the amount of work required is more labor than just buying a good one.

I have four 700s and they all have Timney's. They are drop in and if you don't feel comfortable, they can be ordered preset direct from Timney. No need to pay a gunsmith to install.

You won't be disappointed with a Jewell Trigger for that 700
They are pricey at 250 easy to install. Skid

...Timney used to make a couple of 3-position Mod. 700 triggers, don't know if they still do, but that's what I'd be looking for...

Every rifle I own other than my 527 has a Timney :wink:! I believe in their price range they are the best (y).
Jewels are supposedly top shelf but they are almost 100.00 more than the Timney.

Blessings,
Dan

Back