Remington 700 trigger

I have two Remington 700s and both have Timney replacements. First was done in the 1980s and the second in 2013. The last was inconsistent trigger pull beyond what was acceptable.

When I had a 700 I wasn't real pleased with the original Walker trigger. Studying the design, I could see the problems with the thing and decided to replace it with the newer fully adjustable X-Mark Pro. I found it to be a very good trigger once it was well adjusted, and more consistent than the Walker trigger. That's just my (single) experience with the newer design.

Huber concepts...... I just bought one for a build I'm having done. Takes about 3 weeks to get it. Good people there too..

Yea that is a the trigger a friend is going with. It is very similar to the Trigger Tech, except for being a lot more money. I do like the two stage offering, TT doesn't have a two stage option.

My last rem 700 came with the Pro-X. I planned to replace it with a jewell but after ajusting it to where I like it I filled down the protruding set screw flush so I can not tell it is there. It is an extremely smooth pull and I am happy with 3-shot groups of .3". I may have lucked out with it and my other two older 700's as well.

Back