Remington Brass

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
I just wanted to make you guys aware of another source for brass. I just ordered a couple of bags of 375 H&H brass directly from Remington. They picked up the shipping.

JD338

Now if they could start sending some of those fine Remington primers my way we‘ll be walking in tall cotton. A guy can dream can’t he?

You like the Rem Primers Joe? I never used them much besides in factory form, or re-using them in the factory 35 Rem ammo that I pull bullets on and re-work my own loads with. My load with their primers works really well in that application, but not much experience with them otherwise.

I do like them very much. I have a brick of 9 1/2M and 3 bricks of 7 1/2’s I reserve for 2 rifles only. They shoot that well, and make that much of a difference in those 2 rifles. My other primers are used in the 30 something other rifles I have.

They have very high brisance and I’ve never had a misfire With them. Although to be fair I’ve only had 3 misfires total in 35ish years. I posted the brisance comparison in the Magnum Primer thread. I think the 7 1/2 is the hottest small rifle primer made. Just my opinion.

I do like them very much. I have a brick of 9 1/2M and 3 bricks of 7 1/2’s I reserve for 2 rifles only. They shoot that well, and make that much of a difference in those 2 rifles. They have very high brisance and I’ve never had a misfire With them. Although to be fair I’ve only had 3 misfires total in 35ish years. I posted the brisance comparison in the Magnum Primer thread. I think the 7 1/2 is the hottest small rifle primer made. Just my opinion.
I use their small rifle BR in the two Grendel’s to set off the 8208XBR.. seems to get a little better SD and ES than fed or CCI. Really that’s the only cartridge where I see a big difference between brands.

I use their small rifle BR in the two Grendel’s to set off the 8208XBR.. seems to get a little better SD and ES than fed or CCI. Really that’s the only cartridge where I see a big difference between brands.
I think that’s because the 7 1/2 has SO MUCH more brisance than any other SR primer. The 6 1/2 is made for Hornet/lower pressure cartridges. Its cup is thinner and won’t consistently hold up to the pressure of high intensity cartridges. All of which is irrelevant because we can’t find them, LOL.

Last edited:
I bought enough R-P 375 H&H brass to depopulate cape buff in South Africa a few years back! LOL!

Maybe from someone here? I don't remember. It works great on paper & steel targets both. Cape Buff? Heck if I know! :)

Guy
It can be challenging to find components in these trying times. I'm well stocked for everything I own but I'm new to the 375 H&H camp so I'm gathering components as they become available.
I've got a Nosler M21 375 on order and should have it have it by early June.

JD338

Thank you for the link, I didn’t even know this one existed! Rem/Peters brass can keep going underrated in my book. People don’t know what they’re missing. It’s my favorite brass by far. 300 ultra it’s the only brass I’ll use. It has outlasted and outshot every other brand including Norma. I’ve probably got close to 300 R/P 7 mag. Brass( 3 7mags). I’ve gotten as little as 6 snd as much as 9 fires if treated right and sized/annealed properly. I use a feeler inside the case just above the belt every sizing too. To make sure the case head isn’t separating from the inside. It’ll get a crevice all the way around the inside. We’ve all seen the outside after FLS on a belted. I also like hornady 7 mag brass it’s good too. Weight from piece to piece can kinda be all over the place but I seperate into groups and keep them in seperate bags. (Wieght sorted). I have to agree on the rem 7 1/2s the best for sure. The price I paid for them at the time was 3-4 cents a piece .. I’m down to 1400. Out of 4K bought in 2016. Fed215mag match are my go to for the big boys. Although I’ve never had any mis fires with rem9 1/2. Cci 250 s. I got 2-3 per 100 out of one brick back in the day. Maybe a bad lot. I haven’t bought any since.

By far Reminton brass is what I use the most of, isn't even close compared to other brands. I used Winchester in my 22-250 because that was the brass I picked up for it, and use the same for the same reason in my 348 Winchester. Hornady brass in my 250 Savage because that's what I picked up, PRVI in 8MM. All other cartridges are Remington brass. I hate to even think of the amount of primers and bullets I put through 30-06's using Remington brass.

If I keep it annealed to eliminate cracked necks, I get terrific life out of it. Accuracy has never been an issue with it.

You like the Rem Primers Joe? I never used them much besides in factory form, or re-using them in the factory 35 Rem ammo that I pull bullets on and re-work my own loads with. My load with their primers works really well in that application, but not much experience with them otherwise.
I use the 9 1/2M's for my Ultimate muzzleloader but that is the extent of my Remington primer usage.

I use a lot of RP brass; It was my go to for many years: Unfortunately with supply the way it is lately I've had to dig into my reserves and the RP supply I had is dwindling out slowly: And up here in Sask any components of any type are almost extinct, except in the auction where people are willing to pay crazy prices. I'm quite happy that I over bought for the last 45 years. ;)

Back